This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#95749 by Stealdiesel
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:06 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD0_qOeNrxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6hpy8ReGBo

Just a couple covers i've done so far.. plz don't comment saying your voice cracks.... I do that on purpose its why im f**k heavy and you just do lows....lol if you have another means of strict criticism id love to hear it.

#95752 by philbymon
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 pm
I have Dramamine! Want some?

#95756 by Stealdiesel
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 pm
philbymon wrote:I have Dramamine! Want some?

Haha naw i don't need that to rage!!! cheers

#95757 by philbymon
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:52 pm
LMAO

Well spoken, Sd!

My only comment on your performances listed above are in the area of timing. I don't get a feel of any real tempo in your singing, but, as I have so little exposure to this genre (by choice!) I don't really know if that's a problem you have or if it's inherent in the genre. To me, it truly sounds like random growling, rather than anything musical. Music requires melody & tempo, but I don't seem to be able to wring either from these two thingies. I realize that melody has been tossed for effect in this type of thing, but tempo too? Am I that out of touch, or are you perhaps failing to meet certain standards? I really don't know, so perhaps it's best for me to shut up, now, & wait for Ryan to hopefully stop by & give you an informed critique, as this is his preferred genre.

#95758 by Groove-in
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:53 pm
Frank Sinatra, would be proud of you !
Your singing causes me to think of "Star Wars". Perhaps, you could become famous with kids that take guns to school. If I were you, I'd consider another name for what I do. Because it isn't singing. Whew !! :roll: What the Hell are you doin' on a Musicians Forum ???

#95760 by Stealdiesel
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm
Groove-in wrote:Frank Sinatra, would be proud of you !
Your singing causes me to think of "Star Wars". Perhaps, you could become famous with kids that take guns to school. If I were you, I'd consider another name for what I do. Because it isn't singing. Whew !! :roll: What the Hell are you doin' on a Musicians Forum ???

Haha thats a compliment you just don't know it ;)

#95761 by Stealdiesel
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:57 pm
philbymon wrote:LMAO

Well spoken, Sd!

My only comment on your performances listed above are in the area of timing. I don't get a feel of any real tempo in your singing, but, as I have so little exposure to this genre (by choice!) I don't really know if that's a problem you have or if it's inherent in the genre. To me, it truly sounds like random growling, rather than anything musical. Music requires melody & tempo, but I don't seem to be able to wring either from these two thingies. I realize that melody has been tossed for effect in this type of thing, but tempo too? Am I that out of touch, or are you perhaps failing to meet certain standards? I really don't know, so perhaps it's best for me to shut up, now, & wait for Ryan to hopefully stop by & give you an informed critique, as this is his preferred genre.

Yah i know im going to be taking a couple fundaments and sight reading classes in a couple weeks hopefully to help with that bit.. WOOT game face

#95764 by philbymon
Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:34 pm
You might wanna try working with some precussion, while you're at it. That will help you to develop a feel for the beats.

Best of luck.

#95778 by chipfryer
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:43 pm
Oh Prevost!
That was the funniest thing I've read on here for a while. Too Bloody Funny. :D

The thing is I suddenly wanted to go out and find that bar! :shock: :D

Groove-in wrote:Frank Sinatra, would be proud of you !
Your singing causes me to think of "Star Wars"

#95779 by philbymon
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm
Um...Chipster? That isn't Prevost. He's in Canada.

#95780 by chipfryer
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:51 pm
Lol!
Sorry Groove.
It's that Damned AVATAR Phil :D I Blame Craig. :D
Welcome Diesel, don't mind the barrage. I got it too its sort of an officiation thing?

philbymon wrote:Um...Chipster? That isn't Prevost. He's in Canada.

#95841 by Ryan_Strain
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 pm
You gotta work on a lot of things...Timing is important...You were off time a lot on both songs.

Your overall vocals are okay, but you look like you're straining a lot with your highs (I can tell by the faces you were making during "Hey John" LOL) The highs should flow naturally and not cause you to strain and tighten up your throat

Also you should work on your recording quality...I have some tutorials on my youtube for vocals and recording them:

youtube.com/YamiRyan4509

Having a good quality recording is more important than showing you standing there with your hand in front of your face while your friend says "HAR HAR, FAIL" in the background.

And before you post too much, don't expect any respect from the people here at bandmix. They don't understand metal vocals and don't respect them. And I don't blame them, because over 95% of "screamers" on youtube are these kids that are just TERRIBLE. And they give us a bad name.

The bandmixers need to understand that there ARE professional metal vocalists. There are even teachers that give lessons on how to "Scream" the right way, and how to protect your voice.

I work very hard to develop my technique, attract fans, get subscribers, and stand out over all the garbage on youtube. I have fans all over the internet that know my name, but then I come to Bandmix, and some 50 year old keyboardist that plays "Sweet Home Alabama" every night at a bar replies with a "Death Metal takes no talent, and you will never go anywhere in life" rant.

But feel free to talk to me...I'd be happy to help you with recording and perfecting your vocals 8)

#95905 by Stealdiesel
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:15 pm
Ryan_Strain wrote:You gotta work on a lot of things...Timing is important...You were off time a lot on both songs.

Your overall vocals are okay, but you look like you're straining a lot with your highs (I can tell by the faces you were making during "Hey John" LOL) The highs should flow naturally and not cause you to strain and tighten up your throat

Also you should work on your recording quality...I have some tutorials on my youtube for vocals and recording them:

youtube.com/YamiRyan4509

Having a good quality recording is more important than showing you standing there with your hand in front of your face while your friend says "HAR HAR, FAIL" in the background.

And before you post too much, don't expect any respect from the people here at bandmix. They don't understand metal vocals and don't respect them. And I don't blame them, because over 95% of "screamers" on youtube are these kids that are just TERRIBLE. And they give us a bad name.

The bandmixers need to understand that there ARE professional metal vocalists. There are even teachers that give lessons on how to "Scream" the right way, and how to protect your voice.

I work very hard to develop my technique, attract fans, get subscribers, and stand out over all the garbage on youtube. I have fans all over the internet that know my name, but then I come to Bandmix, and some 50 year old keyboardist that plays "Sweet Home Alabama" every night at a bar replies with a "Death Metal takes no talent, and you will never go anywhere in life" rant.

But feel free to talk to me...I'd be happy to help you with recording and perfecting your vocals 8)

Haha RYAN man you got some tank vocal covers up dude.. and yah I always expect that same old f**k rant.. hell yah man i added your youtube (JFCxexiled)

#95916 by Stealdiesel
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:49 pm
chipfryer wrote:Lol!
Sorry Groove.
It's that Damned AVATAR Phil :D I Blame Craig. :D
Welcome Diesel, don't mind the barrage. I got it too its sort of an officiation thing?

philbymon wrote:Um...Chipster? That isn't Prevost. He's in Canada.

Haha this wouldn't be the first time i have people not in my genre giving critique on something they don't know about.. But i do take in all of the other lessons.. Yah the timing is shitty i know im working on that :)

#95929 by chipfryer
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:51 pm
To be honest..................

My take on this is that posters here are perhaps a little older than most for one. Second is that BLUES/R 'n B/Rock that sort of thing together with Christian music takes the fore.
(There are many here with varied music of course). But the main body of posters seem to be from a smaller field in music?

My stuff isn't mainstream either, I don't expect either of you will like it for any reason at all when I publish but that's just how it is.

A diverse wonderful world.