This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#2702 by starcat81
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:16 pm
Just wondering the general feeling on the new sound. I'm curious to see what people are thinking.

Personally, I am in love with the Black Parade concept...

By the way, if you are a My Chem fan and are looking to get into a band and live in Western PA/ Eastern OH, get in touch with me...

#3628 by nbutt184
Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:46 pm
I can dig their crunchy grooves, i don't like the new black parade stuff though

#3632 by Chemical Residue
Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:13 pm
yeah heard the black parade today...it sucked.

#3997 by LostHope_HelenaL
Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 am
I love all of their stuff! But I think I like Bullets... the best.

#5176 by Casey of Black Santa
Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 pm
all of the Emo/"Post Hardcore" band of today are coppying all of there licks and lyrics from mainly 3 bands:

Embrace (not the new English band)

Rites of Spring

Fugazi (which was formed by members of the previously mentioned bands.)

they were not Emo, the were punk bands in the more "ideal" sense. they played punk and hardcore, but they were more "heartfelt" rather than "aggressive" and they're lyrics were more about personal politics and feelings rather than "anarchy".

Taking Back Sunday and My Chem and all these newer bands are just poppier watered-down versions of what was being done in the 80's and early 90's.

if you like My Chem and all that then check out the bands i mentioned cuzz you'll probably like them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rites_of_spring

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace_%28U.S._band%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugazi

#5217 by Rock2Punk
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:07 am
MCR I like their first cd but to be honest I'm not a big fan of emo, maybe because it all the same stuff, but I dont like their black parade concept as well. Its funny to even consider them as punk though, i guess thats y they put emo into it. All in All music is music. no offense. ^.^;;;;;;

#5284 by gexclamationpoint
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 am
you tell 'em, casey.

these kids that listen to the new emo dont appreciate their roots.

#5322 by Casey of Black Santa
Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm
cool g!. i take it you know your history.

how about Husker Du? they weren't really "emo". more like,"heartfelt", like Fugazi without being real anthemic. and the Huskers sounded a lot more angry in their early days. but then again, so did Minor Threat.

#5332 by gexclamationpoint
Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 pm
lol..you mean there were days when minor threar didnt sound angry? nah but you gotta love 'em.

its hard to think of any of those bands as emo, what with the media and other idiots being too busy worshipping the guy from weezer. im not too knowledgeable about husker du, though ive heard a few tunes. im more into jawbreaker and that style when it comes to "emo" or "emocore"

i just love thinking back on this one time i was talking to my friend around the time he thought he was emo and said "have you ever heard of ian mackaye...or rites of spring?" and he just stared at me. its sad how 97% of people are like that though.

#5370 by Casey of Black Santa
Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:33 pm
yeah really. people who listen to todays music aren't familier with their musical roots at all.

Jawbreaker is damn good!

check out the albums Everything Falls Apart and Zen Arcade by Husker Du.

the Wipers are great too.

#5556 by djmistat
Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:08 pm
i think its very unfair of people to judge all the "new age emo" kids by the actions and opinions of a few...i personally love MCR, but if you look at my profile, i am very in touch with my musical roots.

#6689 by darockguitar1
Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:54 pm
One of the members of My Chemical Romance used to live in my hometown right next door to my friend's house....

#6715 by SDavis22
Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 pm
Not a fan...

#7222 by Antwon
Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 pm
i dislike emos..... alot. far from a fan of MCR