This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#87508 by Jumpin Jersey
Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:56 pm
"Up all night" is in process of being published, and is copyrite protected,
however, I'll be doing a staged reading of an earlier verson of the story and can e-mail you a file if you'd like to read it... I'll bet this TRUE story will live on in the folklore of musicians on the road, for many years to come.
[email protected]
#91561 by carmel
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 pm
Jumpin Jersey wrote:"Up all night" is in process of being published, and is copyrite protected,
however, I'll be doing a staged reading of an earlier verson of the story and can e-mail you a file if you'd like to read it... I'll bet this TRUE story will live on in the folklore of musicians on the road, for many years to come.
[email protected]
Was going to play a huge new years party ,the band traveld to texas to a new club the sound man was trying out a brand new sound system this thing was massive at the time state of the art, we set up a lilttle late and got ready about 200 people were waiting ! no time for sound check, well you guessed it the lights went on the band started to play and the both mixers and monitors fried and caught fire! needless to say didnt get paid and had to come up with money to get home. :
Last edited by carmel on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#91565 by carmel
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Jumpin Jersey wrote:"Up all night" is in process of being published, and is copyrite protected,
[email protected]
Another one hope I dont bore you, the band traveled to colorado to play a gig the place was down stairs . We had to beg our sound man to come with us he really didnt like to travel. we played our first nite ok fair i guess. we stayed in a hotel down the street. about 4 in the morning we heard sirens ,we went to bed and didnt think about it. about 7am some one came to the door and said the club caught fire our stuff was inside ! well it wasent the fire that caused the damege to our gear but all the water from the the fire trucks poured down and our stuff submerged in about 2 feet of water including all the sound mans stuff ! well didnt get paid for that one either oh well what you going to do.

#92244 by danova
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:56 pm
I had the worst night when I have looked a film of horrors the paranormal phenomenon.

#94808 by Sidewinderga
Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:04 pm
When the sound guy was wiring up the p.a. & hooked up some wires wrong & fried my Carvin Power amp. I can still smell it.

#114444 by gbheil
Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:35 pm
Kudos for "the show must go on".

As for me, if it's raining ... I'm unplugged and GONE !

#122720 by TIGER27
Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 pm
Was having a well-paid pre-wedding gig in NY. We were setting up our gears and I was lifting a heavy PA speaker to the stage when my back gave way. I dropped to the floor in excruciating pain. There's no way to back out anymore.

So, I played the drums all night in torturous pain. Eased the pain a little bit with some weed for pain killer. Survived 6hrs on the drums in pain.

After the gig, I didn't work my regular job (at the hospital) for a week on back injury. I was struggling in pain even to get out of bed. :cry: :cry:

#122874 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:02 pm
CHECK THE TIME AND DATE STAMP, DING-DONG.

This thread is YEARS OLD.