This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9122 by ralphhinkley
Thu May 31, 2007 1:29 pm
Hi there,

We've been on for about three weeks now and have contacted probably a dozen people. We've received ONE response.

Seems like this thing doesn't work! There's people there who say they are looking for a music project, but they don't respond! Hello...is there anybody in there?

A little frustrated...

Jason

#9130 by Jacquee Rae
Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:57 am
Wow! Sucks. You must be contacting the wrong people.
Sorry you are frustrated.
I recently contacted quite a few people 10-15 and got at least a 25% response, but it took a while for a couple people to get back with me. So be patient. If it is worth it, it is worth waiting for.
I hope this helps.

#9133 by ralphhinkley
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:59 am
Thanks for the encouragements Jacquee. Maybe if I told people that the truth is, we're getting hit up by a record label right now. They might respond more...but I want their motives to be pure. Patience is worth the wait...that's good. :)

#10104 by JJW III
Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:03 am
Oh dude I feel your pain.

It is amazing how un proffesional musicians are yet they want to go pro. Go figure. Word to the wise. You never know who is contacting you, especially if your good. Act like a ignorant jerk by not getting back to some one in a timely fashion or at all, and you may blow a great opportunity. Producers etc. do surf these boards looking for the cream of the crop to pluck out of obscurity. They will then contact you as an average dude and see how you respond. If you act like a boon head, it's on to the next guy/girl because there are a million to choose from.

I speak from experience.

Good luck in your search. I hope you find some one.
#10633 by groundhog911
Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:35 pm
Haven't been on long at all, but I'm getting frustrated at getting no responses. One thing I don't understand. Obviously, one way BandMix makes money is by charging for the communication channel. I have no problem with that.

I've been on many similar sites (eBay is a classic example) that make their money by creating the channel - but with a radical difference. Instead of making you come in and check a mailbox, they send you an email when someone tries to contact you - i.e, they forward the message.

I'm sure that would increase the number of successful contacts here and create more customer satisfaction. Implementing it would be trivial (I'm a software/Web developer) and I'd offer to do it for nothing.

#10639 by RhythmMan
Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:48 pm
When someone sends you a message, Bandmix does, indeed, email you to let you know you have an unread message awaiting; paying member or not.
NON-paying members (i.e. poor-people, like me) cannot initiate contact.
But I've had several messages, and was emailed each time.

#10653 by groundhog911
Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:12 pm
Thanks for the info. I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I guess if somebody actually replied, I'd find out.

I only paid for one month to find out if it's worthwhile. Not so much yet....