This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Relive your fondest & worst memories "on the road".

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#90180 by Southernboy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:16 pm
My dad gave me a 1964 gold top w/F-holes "Les Paul Signature". Stolen from me back stage at Hammerjacks in Baltimore MD. We opened for Aerosmith & Kix in the early 90`s. & that wuz the show!! If you saw it? Found out there were only like 10 of these made! Further more I sobbed like a baby !!! That guitar meant a lot to me. I hope to get it back but don`t think so? I hope who ever got it wrecked and the neck impaled them in their a ss!!!!! Icannot stand a thief or a liar !!! That guitar is worth well over $60,000.00 in the condition I had it in.
Southernboy

#90183 by jw123
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:27 pm
Sorry about the guitar dude, that sucks.

The other night I was doing a little recording session. I have an Avalanche so I can seal gear in the back. I leave stuff in there all the time. Anyway when I unloaded I didnt close the tail gate. I got home and saw the tail gate opened this session was 40 miles thru rough country roads. I thought I had left my black les paul, the one in my profile shot in the back in a gig bag. The rest of the stuff was monitors and stuff that couldnt fall out anyway. So I thought I had lost my LP in a gig bag. I drove the road back looking for it. I was mad at myself. We continued the session last night and when I went in there was my gig bag in the corner. I had forgotten to take it with me and was so sure I had it that I never called the studio. I didnt get a damn bit of sleep all night for nothing.

Ive been very fortunate thru the years. The stuff that has been stolen was the shitty stuff I didnt like anyway, so knock on wood for my bettter guitars.

#90188 by philbymon
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:38 pm
Ouch, sb! That really sucks, man! You gotta remember to hide your stuff in Balto!

JW - you gettin' Alzheimer's, man? That could be an expensive slip of the mind!

#90190 by Southernboy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm
Yeah I carry my .45 acp when I go to Baltimore now & have eye`s on EVERYTHING!! . Yeah man I seen that talegate trick b4 not nice !

#90407 by fisherman bob
Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:51 am
My brother-in-law had a priceless Guild accoustic guitar stolen from the back of a station wagon once. His father was a carpenter and master guitar maker who designed the original Guild head stock. My brother-in-law stopped by a music store, went in for just a few minutes. His car was locked when he went in and his guitar was covered by a blanket. When he came out of the store his car was still locked and the blanket looked ike it hadn;t been touched. When he got home his guitar was gone. You have to GUARD your instruments like a hawk WHEREVER you are. We used to play at a few different places in New Jersey around closing time we noticed the exact same van parked with its engine running right behind the vehicle we were loading stuff into. This keyboardist I have played in a few bands in K.C. played for years with the same three guys. After a gig he went to drop off his bass player who invited him in for a cup of coffee. He was there ten minutes and when he came out his PA was stolen from his vehicle. He was VERY SUSPICIOUS of his bass player telling his neighbor to take his PA, never did find out who stole it. NEVER LEAVE EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT ANYWHERE UNGUARDED.
#91566 by carmel
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 pm
Southernboy wrote:My dad gave me a 1964 gold top w/F-holes "Les Paul Signature". Stolen from me back stage at Hammerjacks in Baltimore MD. We opened for Aerosmith & Kix in the early 90`s. & that wuz the show!! If you saw it? Found out there were only like 10 of these made! Further more I sobbed like a baby !!! That guitar meant a lot to me. I hope to get it back but don`t think so? I hope who ever got it wrecked and the neck impaled them in their a ss!!!!! Icannot stand a thief or a liar !!! That guitar is worth well over $60,000.00 in the condition I had it in.
Southernboy
I hope someday you do find it! that hurts cant trust anyone. Not as sad as youre story its funny I guess I was playing a show in New Mexico we opend for Missing Persons [due to connection] and in middle of my drum solo my drum seat broke I went down, thank goodness for duct tape :oops: :oops: