This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#86496 by eseime
Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:59 am
So I have been writing up a storm this weekend. My girlfriend and I aren't talking and to make a long story short, it's thrown my emotions for a loop. The good news is that a couple great tunes have come out of it, which for one, I have come up with lyrics/melodies for the pre-chorus/chorus. So take look at the first two songs on my profile. The first is titled "Reasons", and the second "Over now".

The lyrics I have for "Reasons" are this so far:

And the light is fading
On the path that we both know
And it hurts
It hurts to be alone

If you still can't find a reason
To keep this sinking ship afloat
In this sea of somber solitude
Give me something to hold onto
Show me how you care
There's a reason why you're there.

You can check out a rough version of the vocal idea I have at http://www.erikseime.com click the player at the right hand side and find song #47. My vocals are shitty, but I thought I'd lay something down and give you guys an idea of where I'm going with it.

I hope you like the tunes. "Over now" I don't have much in the way of ideas for lyrics except for a line that rings out at the end of the chorus which would say "The worst is over now".

Let me know what you think. I always appreciate feedback.

#86502 by ratsass
Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:44 am
Erik, good tunes and good production, especially for just getting your ideas down. I don't think your vocals are shitty, just that you don't put as much production into them as you do the rest of your music. I like the lower harmony you put with your high vocals on Reasons. I think you should sing the verses in a lower voice, kind of like Billy Idol on Rebel Yell (not his voice, just the way he does the lower singing, then the higher on the chorus), or a better example might be Queensryche on Silent Lucidity. Yeah, I've written a few good tunes after a breakup, it's the good thing about being a musician. Can't imagine going through something like that and not having music to fall back on. Good luck with your music and your life. You've certainly got plenty going on for you.

#86862 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:52 am
E.,,, I must have missed something because I didnt hear any vocal tracks.
Solid powerful tracks, not my style , but none the less great tracks.
Very difficult to write songs ,,,the way you try to add lyrics after,I couldnt do it.

PS. Im an old time rk & roler .....DONT EVEN TRY TO BREAK MY HEART GIRL,

There are another 1500000 waiting in the hall,,,,,NEXT. Sorry I cant relate to the lyrics you are trying to write for REASONS,,,,,,AT ALL. :)

#86971 by eseime
Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:55 am
No worries man. The link to the vocal idea is song 47 on the right hand side of the page. Glad you like the tune though. I've never been much of a lyricist so I have always written the music beforehand. These last few, I've written around the vocal idea I had in mind.
#86977 by thelonerambler
Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:56 am
[quote="eseime"]So I have been writing up a storm this weekend. My girlfriend and I aren't talking and to make a long story short, it's thrown my emotions for a loop. The good news is that a couple great tunes have come out of it, which for one, I have come up with lyrics/melodies for the pre-chorus/chorus.

I liked the song, think your studio must kick ass, and have to say you've written a great tune. Nice guitar, drums, and bass. I like the vocals. I'd leave them like that and lay a new, cleaner track on the verses, and sing over what you have as backing vocals for the chorus. It's nice I listened to it 4-5 times. This is great time to write keep the notebook open and pencil near-by.