This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

1-4-5

86%
7%
7%

#85949 by WeBeJamn
Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:59 pm
Maybe I should put some cover stuff instead of just originals?

#85951 by gbheil
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 pm
You gota be the judge of what you put up.
I just like to listen.
Selfish like that am I.

#85952 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 pm
Capt, the dog BITES. When you can play as well half the people here I WILL give you credit. If you just want to be an arsehole,,,,, LET THE FUN BEGIN

GLEN.

#85955 by Starfish Scott
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:46 pm
Glen who/where are you that you can't spell assh*ole?

You're in the USA now, b*tch. Talk like it or forever be hassled about it.

Go away and bother someone who cares. I really do not. I was going to throw up a few other tidbits you may not know. Since you know it all maybe you'd like to educate us, since you are obviously a total musician in addition to being a kick ass drummer>?

Rat: Yeah I know about the whole tones + the half tones, but did you think that this concept is easier to grasp when you include that? People need to be fed in small increments that way they can chew on/digest what is being said. Else they may just puke it all back up, unable to "keep it down".

LOL I know guys that have played for 20 years and still don't know how to use 1-4-5 productively. Worse, I've heard bass players that have no idea what 1-4-5 is and THAT is a fing tragedy.

If any of you can't get this I suggest you take a minute and figure it out because it makes a good musician better and a lousy musician handicapped not to understand this most basic of all concepts in Music.

#85971 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am
MAN you are bitter. Man you are an asshole. Go home and just play with your self, if you can find it. See I spelled it right. Go throw your computer against the wall,take out your hostilities,but don't do it here.
I've been wrong, and when I'm wrong shoot me I make mistakes.
You are just going out to hurt people [Chippy]
Please stop now!

#85973 by ratsass
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am
Capt. Scott wrote:Rat: Yeah I know about the whole tones + the half tones, but did you think that this concept is easier to grasp when you include that? People need to be fed in small increments that way they can chew on/digest what is being said. Else they may just puke it all back up, unable to "keep it down".

Well, since you were giving examples of the 1-4-5 the E thingy would have been ok, but the F thingy had B and C instead of Bb and C and I was afraid that might have messed up Chippy's head worse than Roosters and Shrooms. :) Just wait'll we start explaining a turnaround (5-4-1) intro. Heads will be exploding everywhere. :shock: :wink:

#85974 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:42 am
LMAO, Glen relax cheeser.

WOW! You must really be ?

That's not true, (chip) if you are referring to that band VEXATION, I didn't know they were bilge until I listened to the myspace page. (ewwww retch ewww)

Other than that, I rather doubt it. My remarks are pointed yes, but have a purpose other than to scald Chip.

Rat - I don't feel the need to talk anymore theory as I am just pissing more people off with it. On top, I don't really know that much theory. I studied the piano and got some of it, the rest I kind of reversed engineered so I am sure some of it is far from correct. "Functional" is the way I would describe it at best.

You should see the email I just got:

1/2 hate, 1/2 questions. LOL IN THE SAME EMAIL. I love it, but not enough to educate anyone further about basic bullshit that EVERYONE should know. F*CK 'EM, if they can't take it. Stop pulling your puds and read a little, as you know people out there know more than you do. Why not soak it up?

I don't know anything but my little corner of the world and I know it well, so I figure this is where I get off the "educate the masses" trip. You can't save everyone in any case, you have to perform triage and see whom can be saved if any.

#85975 by neanderpaul
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:21 am
Nope don't know it. I don't know much. I know I play it . I know what works with what. Interesting though. I'm the only one who answered no in the poll.

#85976 by gbheil
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:38 am
And >? :lol:

#85978 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 am
LOL@ PAUL.

Well don't worry Paul, I don't think it's going to do much for you.

The only way it might benefit YOU is if you are improvising.

You seem like you have it "going on" already, right? I mean this is suppose to help people not fully initiated in the art of it and I'd say you already had your "baptism by fire" long ago.

It's like "if it's not busted, don't try to fix it".

#86005 by jvjino at msn com
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:09 am
Hell I Just Love Singing My Heart out!!! LOL

#86028 by Starfish Scott
Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:48 pm
Grrriiiinnnddddeerrr, Looking for Meeatttt.. lol

(big head shake)

#86057 by ratsass
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:44 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:Grrriiiinnnddddeerrr, Looking for Meeatttt.. lol

(big head shake)

Ha ha ha, FUNNY! :)
Hey, Capt., a few years ago I was in a band Whirled Gnus (World News) and the bassist sang some 80's metal. We did Grinder and I had NEVER heard it before (not much of a Priest fan).