This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#80068 by Mannering Media
Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 am
I am a recording enthusiast (not a professional producer) looking for Solo/Duo singers, Songwriter/Musicians. I have a small Project recording system and can offer Pro standards of recording and mastering.

My equipment includes, 24 channel input mixing desk, full digital multi-track (10 track simultaneous recording), mixing, mastering, with many on-board and outboard effects, a selection of Pro studio mics, etc. Full midi/audio composing for notation and sequencing, everything required but in a limited space. Pre-recorded backing is also available for the vocalist.

Please note, this is not a professional recording studio, and I am a recording enthusiast (amateur) looking to collaborate with other music enthusiasts.

In all instances the finished compilation will be an (one master copy) album/CD complete with all printing/photography for inserts etc, for your promotional use and mine. I am based in Telford, Shropshire. So you should be within easy reach of this location to be considered.

I am a keen/advanced photographer and videography, so album covers and music video are also very much a possibility for those involved.

:wink:
#80165 by Mark Phillips
Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm
Hello ISM,
I would love to avail myself of your services but sadly am down in leafy East Sussex.
I do have some recording equipment so have been doing some demos of my songs in my own studio; I am a song writer really and I make rough cuts of my songs into CD and most end up as mp3s in my computer.
I was just thinking that if by chance you had an artist who came along but had no songs of his or her own, that there might be something on my list that would suit.
My thing is rather, alternative rock ballads you might say?

If you would like to email: [email protected] I will send a couple of mp3s for you to listen to and store.
Good luck,
Mark D Phillips...................

#105098 by Dekkard Bryon
Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:56 am
I'm amazed you haven't had masses of posts here, jeeze when I was stating out I'd have bitten your arm off at the elbow.
#105116 by Mark Phillips
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:34 am
Hi there,
Yes but you haven't heard how bad my songs are!!!!!
But I am still writing a new one each month or so, and hoping in the end that by a process of so many monkeys and so many type writers, I will cough up something really good!
Thanks,
Mark D Phillips.................

#105117 by Mannering Media
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:46 am
Hi,
fortunately i had posted similar offers to other websites and received quite a good response.
So i have recorded a few albums and ep/singles for other singers/musicians, although i was a little disappointed by the lack of interest from a couple of dedicated music sites.

The offer continues but due to other commitments (Artist management, Composing and recording my own material..etc), i have limited the times of my availability.

Cheers,
Ian. :roll:
#106587 by Mark Phillips
Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Hello Ian,
Telford is the arsehole of the world isn't it!
I am just kidding really, though it is a concrete jungle with no heart or center that I could find... roundabout city!
So move to leafy Sussex where it's all happening, or happened... Jimi Hendrix and his band had a house just a couple of miles from mine, and Roger Daltry still lives in his farm just down the valley.
So bring your studio here so I can be made to sound great... if you can do that you've achieved a miracle!

Mark Phillips.................
ps. I have a crude garden studio, but I can't press the buttons and strum at the same time!

#106983 by Mannering Media
Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:16 am
Hi Mark,
If only it was that simple to pack up and move to a more attractive and inviting area, but i think i will be staying here in Telford for a while yet.

Telford isn't too bad really, it is close to all travel networks (Motorways, Trains, Airport), and we do have a few venue's in the proximity.
The problem for me is that most local-ish artists are Bands into Heavy Rock or Metal etc, and i simply do not have the facilities for them.

However i have now taken on the roll as Manager for the singer/musician "Linda Angelis" so that has spiced up things a little.
Hear some of Linda on my webpage on here....and elsewhere.

Just have to keep on going....

All the best,
Ian.
#106985 by Mark Phillips
Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:30 am
Hello Ian,
I was kidding about Telford, as I guess like anywhere you can find nice bits when you know a place; I used to stay there each year for the annual instructor's seminar and trade fair of the microlight industry when I was a flying instructor... though we often stayed in Ironbridge.

Now I make wide-necked guitars for guys with big hands, and right handed Jimi Hendrix strats to keep me going between the wide-necked guitars.

Sadly my songs are totally un-commercial; nor am I of any age to be thinking about a career as a starlet, so I wish you and the girl you are managing, a following wind to blow you on your way... I will check out Linda's stuff after this.

Catch you later Ian,
Mark...........

My garden studio does not get used through the winter, but from here on me and a friend start doing songs in there most weeks; and when I get the tascam back off my other guitar friend I have two new songs waiting to be recorded this spring.
#106987 by Mark Phillips
Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:51 am
Hello again Ian,
I am playing through the songs as I write now... Linda is very competent as a singer, with good pitch and a very fluent command of her vocal phrases; very nice indeed, but a little bit I found I was wanting to hear her come across in another style of voice sometimes... she is excellent at what she does, but does rather do it all the same; mind you, the songs were pretty much all the same in style too so I guess you might expect it.

I wish I could write in a more gentle melodic style than I do, as I would love to try to write something for Linda to sing... I must apply myself to being more tuneful.

Did you use real drums and bass in the backing tracks, or was any of it midi stuff... I have not done anything of this side of recording technique, but I know you can use drum loops etc.

I think I have still got a couple of my songs on my profile but I have not looked for a very long time Ian!

Good luck,
Mark..........................

#107066 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:21 pm
keep writing, save everything.

Later on, you can mutate other material to make new and better material(s).
#107080 by Mark Phillips
Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 pm
Hello Captain,
I sometimes try to recycle old songs to a more relevant modern form, but they seem to die a death so mostly I write from the scratch these days... always in fact I think.

But I will start trying to mutate things a bit more!

It is writing happy and upbeat that I find so hard.
Mark...............

#107122 by Mannering Media
Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm
Hi Mark,
All the tracks here use real instruments...no MIDI or loops.
Although for my own compositions i use midi, then convert each instrument to digital samples for recording.

You can here my compositions on

www.myspace.com/ismrecording1

Although most of my stuff is composed for cabaret/stage musical and/or film, not that i have had much success at either....lol

A couple of my songs have been recorded by others, not enough royalties for me to afford the move to your neck of the woods.

Regards,
Ian.

#108060 by Mannering Media
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:46 am
Due to an unbelievable response to my recording services offer, and that some people took advantage of this.
I regret that i am no longer offering this service for FREE...sorry.

See my webpage for service details.

www.manneringmedia.co.uk
#108061 by Mark Phillips
Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am
Hello Ian,
Your recording packages sound good value for money, so there must be some fairly local people wanting to record with you if they hear about you... but I guess that is always the issue: getting known.

I know I could be great... it just needs someone to come and discover me hohohohohoho!

Cheers,
Mark..................

#108065 by Mannering Media
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am
Hi Mark,
We will have to see how things go.
I was having artists contacting me to record commercial albums (They intended to sell the albums via Itunes etc), and wanting to have my services/facilities for FREE.

i am happy to help new artist out and get them going with a demo, but to produce commercial recordings for FREE.... i think some were trying to take advantage.

So i have decided to charge for my services but at a minimal amount...i think it's minimal???