This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#42550 by thesystemhasfailed
Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:25 am
:twisted: judas preist unleashed in the east :twisted:

#42570 by kittykatnip1970
Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:57 am
Peter Frampton-Live

#43474 by dummskot99
Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:42 pm
I got two favs

IRON MAIDEN - Live After Death

DOKKEN - Beast from the East

#44312 by racefanrob
Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:45 pm
. . . Uriah Heep Live . . . my favorite !
. . . Made in Japan- Deep Purple . . . next
. . . If You Want Blood, You Got It - AC/DC . . . right up there !

#45534 by JNocella
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Four pages of "favorite live albums" and not a single mention of "One More From The Road" ... FOR SHAME!!! :shock:

#45577 by jimmydanger
Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:52 am
The fact that I had to Google that title to figure out it was Lynard Skynard should tell you something.

#45652 by HowlinJ
Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:02 am
Jimmy,
over the summer , my son loaned me his copy of "James Brown Live At The Apollo". Its now my official favorite live album, for the moment.
HJ

#45664 by neanderpaul
Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:15 am
HowlinJ wrote:Jimmy,
over the summer , my son loaned me his copy of "James Brown Live At The Apollo". Its now my official favorite live album, for the moment.
HJ

Now that's a piece of history I'd love to get my ears on.

#45763 by HowlinJ
Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 pm
This thread must be really joggin' the ol' gray matter , because I just thought of another classic piece of live vinyl patiently lying in my record stack, until the day that I finally get around to procuring a new stylus.

It was a "freebie' that was given away at the door at the legendary "Murray The K Presents" concert in New York City back in the mid 60's.(Featuring The Who, Cream, Blues Project, etc.)

The Album I received was a compilation of several live performances of artists that recorded on the "Wand" label. It included Dione Warwick, Tommy Hunt, Chuck Jackson, The Shirelles, and a cool live version of The Kingsmen doing "Louie Louie". I didn't give a tinkers damn about it for a long time, but over the years it became one of my favorites. It turned me on to Chuck Jackson, who is not that well known, but one of the best singers of the era,in my opinion.

#46684 by racefanrob
Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:02 pm
J. Geils Band "Full House"
R.E.O. Speedwagon "You Get What You Play For"
Z.Z. Top "Fandango" (1/2 album)
WOODSTOCK !

#47009 by J-HALEY
Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 pm
Prampton Comes Alive and Cheap Trick Live At Budokan , I went to a Foreigner concert in the fall of 1977 Cheap Trick opened for them and nobody new who they were I had to ask about 20 people, you know as the doobies were being passed around oh the smell of herb in the air that night ooh! (flashback) anyway the following spring they released Live At Budokan and the rest is rock music history.

#76402 by bundydude
Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:00 am
KISS - Alive
Rush - All the Worlds a Stage
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Ozzy - Speak of the Devil
Thin Lizzy - Live/Life
Mahogany Rush - Live
Queen - Live Killers

....And countless others

I don't know why, but, it seems as though, I liked live albums much more when I was younger. In my teens, I loved listening to extended jams, as I aged, I began to appreciate studio albums more.

#76767 by rockitmarty
Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 pm
most def Metallica - The Black Album.

#76770 by ColorsFade
Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:06 pm
pusMonkey wrote:Dream Theater's "Live Scenes from New York"

Love it. Probably not my fav though - production was a bit sketchy on that one (compare that one to Budokan - the sound quality is so much better in the latter)

#76785 by gbheil
Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:39 pm
KISS ALIVE >>>>heheheheeee Yea baby!!