This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#75413 by Wild Woodbines
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:52 pm
Is it just me or does anyone else find this scenario REALLY frustrating?
People take the time and trouble to sign up to Bandmix and advertise their services as a musicians seeking a band. Then they cant be Ars*d to turn on their PC again to pick up any responses from a decent quality outfit that seems to meet their criteria!!! I've posted around 40 messages this week and so far had 2 responses!!! I appreciate that not everyone has access to a PC 24/7 but if you're advertising presumably that indicates you're looking for a response so would it be too much to ask that you checked your messages once a day - for pitys sake it only takes 5 minutes to boot up and log on!!!!! :roll: Maybe Bandmix could suggest that people need to check regularly for responses when they sign up? :idea:

Dogs chase cars but they don't get in and drive 'em! (at least that's what i tell the wife....) :lol:

#75416 by 1collaborator
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 pm
All you need is a little patience ! God luck in the hunt .

And its another day in Paradise !!!

#75420 by philbymon
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 pm
Yeah - it's just you. Everyone answers everyone else - NOT!

No need to get frustrated, though. The www is fulla posers & wannabes. Just be glad that they haven't answered you & wasted your precious time, only to find out that the only guitars they play are from the Guitar Hero vid game!

The ppl that are real take their time, sometimes, too. You gotta be patient with us all. We musicians are an odd bunch, sometimes...

Good luck with your search. Hope it pans out for ya.

#75426 by Wild Woodbines
Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 pm
Thaks for your comments guys. Yeah I guess I could use a little patience but I've been ten years in the wilderness and finally I've got the makings of a really fine band together, all I need is one or two more players... God gave me a voice and I've spent the best part of forty-nine years hiding it away. I NEED to be out there NOW and using it. The most frustrating part of it all is I auditioned for a really good lineup a few weeks ago, great Blues players and nice blokes too, but after consideration I decided to go down the path of forming a band with a really good friend who was with me in a band on the circuit 10 years ago (google Matt Thorpe if you want to hear some pretty amazing Blues guitar). Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice.
Time will tell.......

Nice to see that this forum is truly international!

God bless America! You gave the world the blues.... (musically of course!)

Dave

#75429 by fisherman bob
Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:23 pm
Wild Woodbines wrote:Thaks for your comments guys. Yeah I guess I could use a little patience but I've been ten years in the wilderness and finally I've got the makings of a really fine band together, all I need is one or two more players... God gave me a voice and I've spent the best part of forty-nine years hiding it away. I NEED to be out there NOW and using it. The most frustrating part of it all is I auditioned for a really good lineup a few weeks ago, great Blues players and nice blokes too, but after consideration I decided to go down the path of forming a band with a really good friend who was with me in a band on the circuit 10 years ago (google Matt Thorpe if you want to hear some pretty amazing Blues guitar). Now I'm wondering if I made the right choice.
Time will tell.......

Nice to see that this forum is truly international! Listened to the tunes on your profile page. Nice clean recordings, good renditions. America is still giving the world the blues. (At least I'm trying to). Just be patient on your search, not everybody is into the blues (but they should be).

God bless America! You gave the world the blues.... (musically of course!)

Dave

#75430 by fisherman bob
Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 pm
It looks like my post got screwed up somehow. Anyway, I listened to your profile songs. Nice, clean recordings, good renditions. America is still giving the blues to the world. (At least I'm trying to). You've got to be patient on your search, not everybody is into the blues as much as we are (but they should be.)..

#75438 by gbheil
Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:25 am
Moses was in the wilderness 40 years. Ya got 30 years to go. :lol:
Just work on it mate. Plenty o victory tales to be had. :wink:

#75462 by any good bass players out
Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:26 am
No you are right i have sent 20 or so messages and 2-3 responses and we are a band thats doing well with plenty of shows ??

#75474 by philbymon
Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 pm
Well, that oughta scare the bejeesus outta the wannabes!

#76225 by MadmX
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 pm
LOL... I sent out 140 invites for auditions between BM and Craigslist for a singer!! But guess what... I found one!! (not either of the ones in my profile)

So be patient... it may take a while to find the right peeps... I am now on invite 35 of my Bass player search...... Maybe I will get lucky and only have to send out 50 this time..:)

X!
#273449 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:02 pm
Hi Orchid, this is a 8-year-old thread, but nothing's changed!! You've got a great variety of music on your BM player. Yeah, it can get frustrating trying to find people who are serious and dedicated about making music.
I will no longer audition for anyone without online music available for me to pre-auditon them. Wasted too many hours on those who didn't have anything or just had a video where they're playing rhythm (maybe) in the background.
#273545 by RhythmMan-2
Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:58 pm
My experience with the internet and musicians is that - of all the people who say they want to do music with you - only about 1 out of 12 will actually show up, ready to play.
You'll encounter silence, excuses galore, but also a few actually legitimate reasons to not play together.
Those reasons are, pretty much:
- Different styles of music
- schedule conflicts, and or girl friends.
- goals (play for fun vs play for money)
- experience inequality. (Experienced folks don't work well with beginners).
- dependability
- drugs . . . and other personality conflicts.
- . . . and probably another 10 things that I forgot about . . .
That is, assuming they make it over these hurdles first:
Want to play with me?
You DO have transportation, DON"T YOU?
You DO have all the equipment you need, RIGHT?
You do know ALL the basic chords, right? You should at LEAST be able to play all the majors, minors, and 7ths.
You WIll show up when you say you will RIGHT?
. . . don't be a flake, friends; be honest, up front.
Folks will respect you for that.
If know your limitations and are up front about them, people will like you. If not . . . well, that's kinda irritating . . . known as being a 'flake.'
Also, maybe some folks are afraid they're not good enough with the style of music expected of them, and are maybe afraid of being embarrassed? . . . dunno . . .
#273551 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm
RhythmMan-2 wrote:My experience with the internet and musicians is that - of all the people who say they want to do music with you - only about 1 out of 12 will actually show up, ready to play.

My 'show up' average is better than that, but the 'qualified to play with me' number is about that!
#273558 by MikeTalbot
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:50 pm
Last year a friend asked me to play bass so his rather amateurish band could play some function or the other. No one seemed to have much experience except the drummer. He was great, hit hard, knew theory and got the job done. He and I quickly established a rapport and the rest of the guys began to get into it and I swear their playing improved.

Talbot