This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#66965 by Soontobefamous
Sun May 10, 2009 7:06 pm
Does anyone here think that the UK is still stuck in the 80's as far a metal goes? I personaly dont think so but whenever I talk to friends about it all I ever get is, " Yangwie Malmstein " im sure I spelled that all wrong lol but im sure you all know who im talking about. Could anyone give me some names if killer metal brittish bands I could check out? I am appoligizing for the crappy spelling now :D I jsut attack the key board and leave it where it stands lol

#68812 by zackota micho
Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 pm
yes, you are stuc\k in the 80's and don't know it. There is no good englisch band out there, no interesting new band and new ideas. And you dislike to play with foreigners and even so you travel to Europe and anywhere else, but there are already lots of new groups and ideas.

#68830 by Andragon
Fri May 29, 2009 2:42 am
Be careful not to "attack" your Explorer like you attack the keyboard. Ouch 8)
The UK is too vast for you to generalize them as 80s fanboys haha
Everyone's got their own taste... having said that, some generations tend to stick to what they grew up on.

#68860 by Soontobefamous
Fri May 29, 2009 4:07 pm
See and that is what I was talking about lol I was only asking for some band names so I could show them they were wrong. LOL i wasnt attacking anyone. So touchy lol

#68889 by philbymon
Fri May 29, 2009 7:02 pm
Are you attacking me?

#68895 by Chippy
Fri May 29, 2009 7:49 pm
What a LARF! :D
I didn't get that from this guy.

Why is everyone so SNIPER like?
It's just notes!

zarco wrote:And you dislike to play with foreigners.

#69012 by Andragon
Sat May 30, 2009 7:35 pm
Haha not touchy at all.

Newer British Metal Band: Panic Cell. Think BLS with a twist.
And ofcourse.. Greenie's band, The Metal Junkies 8)

#69029 by ted_lord
Sun May 31, 2009 12:35 am
and there is always a few blokes on cocaine I've heard they are getting around haha, its quite obvious that the UK is still stuck on 80's metal...Cradle of Filth anyone?

#69045 by Andragon
Sun May 31, 2009 2:28 am
Cradle sounds like puke, imo. The only thing they've done that I consider tolerable is the Buffy theme song, which incidentally [not really] has ZERO vocals.

If you think a bit larger... the European metal scene is pumped with all of these Viking, Power, Melodic Death,etc. metal bands.

#69903 by HowlinJ
Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 am
Andragon wrote:Greenie's band, The Metal Junkies 8)

:D (good call, Andy)

P.S. And don't forget about "Coast" (not nessasarally Metal, but solid rockers non the less.). :wink:
#70193 by Nick_H
Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:09 pm
el_diablo wrote:Does anyone here think that the UK is still stuck in the 80's as far a metal goes? I personaly dont think so but whenever I talk to friends about it all I ever get is, " Yangwie Malmstein " im sure I spelled that all wrong lol but im sure you all know who im talking about. Could anyone give me some names if killer metal brittish bands I could check out? I am appoligizing for the crappy spelling now :D I jsut attack the key board and leave it where it stands lol

Check out Enter Shikari, Ruben, Hell is for Heroes...

#70600 by Andragon
Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:23 am
Ewww, no. That's not metal.

#73096 by Elliot Fleet
Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:56 am
The pickings are quite slim but a few spring to mind,

Bordering on prog:
Threshold

Power metal (love it or hate it, take your pick)
Dragonforce
Powerquest
Conquest of Steel (ok pretty terrible, but they have some following)

Trash
Evile

Classic style
Intense

Cradle of filth have some fanbase still

Some of the old acts are stick kicking serious amounts of arse, namely.
Maiden,
Priest,
Motorhead
Diamond Head
plus a lot more

#79552 by Greeniemagic
Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:35 pm
Paradise Lost anyone????