This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#66997 by fisherman bob
Mon May 11, 2009 4:01 am
I may not be the easiest musciian to please but I'm NOT giving up, no matter what. When the RIGHT people get together magic happens. It's those brief periods of magic that keep me at it. I am always at a crossroads and always go forward, NEVER back. I'll have my CD if it's the last thing I do...

#67581 by Freebird1956
Sun May 17, 2009 5:15 am
I don't see how I can form a band here, it seems as if the musicians here don't have even the slightest inkling of what to do. I've been playing for 37 years, and I can't find anyone who wants to play! My dad used to play for Bill Anderson , the country singer, and I don't ever remember him having this much of a hard time putting a band together. If there's anyone out there who wants to play, e-mail me at [email protected]

#67589 by jw123
Sun May 17, 2009 1:09 pm
Larry try your local CraigsList, I always got a lot of auditions and folks trying on there. Any local music stores are good places to ask and to me the best place is to go find gigging bands and get to know them. They are actually playing and ussually have other friends that are active.

I would imagine half of the people on a site like this dont play or dont really have any plans to play. I enjoy this site and over time have been able to figure out who is and isnt doing anything. Youve just got to weed thru the posers.

Good Luck, but I think you will have better luck locally than you will on a site like this. This is more for info and entertainment than anything.

#67595 by gbheil
Sun May 17, 2009 1:41 pm
JW's post is quite accurate.

I would like to add my usual blerb however.

Larry:

If you use the search function daily (it really only takes about five minuets) Do the overall search. Dont try to be genre' or instrument specific. Then send a message to every hit you get in your travel radius.
Tell them who you are, what you seek and leave some way for them to contact you. Be patient it takes quite some time.
This method worked well for us. We got our drummer and our bassest after several months & auditions.

Good luck.

#67703 by EuphonyProductions
Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm
I have found a lot on Craiglist as well. We were looking for drummers when I was getting the stuff recorded and they came out from every angle and great drummers too.

What town are you in? I know a lot of great musicians who love to play.

#125095 by Teddy Scott
Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 am
I live in the Muscle Shoals Alabama area...Looking to jam or write,gig,something

#125096 by Chaeya
Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 am
musiciansconnection.com

It's free to post an ad if you're looking for musicians, they only charge you if you're advertising yourself as a musician.

I've always met professional quality people on there (probably because they've paid for their ads).

The problem with musicians today is they all want to do their own stuff, they want to then act only as hired guns for other people when other people (unless they're doing covers) don't have financial backing or a label behind them, so they tend to pass them over, never knowing that one band you turned down winds up doing something.

Me, there's nothing else I can do but keep doing what it is I do and hoping I can gain a niche following and co-write that winning tune which will make it on something where I can get some mailbox money.

Good luck,

Chaeya

#125105 by Krul
Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 am
I'm forced to keep trying, I lack job skills. :lol: :lol:

*drumroll & then a cymbal crash*...*then out comes Jay Leno saying: Ohhh that was a good one Krul"*

Edit and P.S. I'm very good at pruning though.
Last edited by Krul on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

#125109 by Krul
Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 am
sanshouheil wrote:JW's post is quite accurate.

I would like to add my usual blerb however.

Larry:

If you use the search function daily (it really only takes about five minuets) Do the overall search. Dont try to be genre' or instrument specific. Then send a message to every hit you get in your travel radius.
Tell them who you are, what you seek and leave some way for them to contact you. Be patient it takes quite some time.
This method worked well for us. We got our drummer and our bassest after several months & auditions.

Good luck.

So that's how it worked! I gotta try that. :wink:

All I've been is "specific"...and there's only a handfull of people within every one of those "specific" searches.

#125218 by Starfish Scott
Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm
Don't you mean "epiphany"?

#125236 by Stranger
Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 pm
It's good to hear from someone on the up part of the cycle. Good luck, I hope you do well.

I'd love to find someone to play music with though it's like trying to find a wife.....But I'm getting ready to go out and start gigging again, I have two new PA speakers and a bunch of new songs to try out.

And you were very lucky finding a good drummer on Craigslist, I don't know what it is but there seems to be a lot of flakes here...

But it's a good point you make...to keep on trying......It's easy to forget to try......

#125240 by Hayden King
Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Capt. Scott wrote:Don't you mean "epiphany"?

uh, I think it's "you phony"

#125302 by Starfish Scott
Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:48 pm
Hayden King wrote:
Capt. Scott wrote:Don't you mean "epiphany"?

uh, I think it's "you phony"

Oh, that made me laugh so hard .. well..I laughed so hard that wasn't funny..

#125309 by gtZip
Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:21 pm
You been playing thirty seven years? How did you keep playing when you had to eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom?