This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#64666 by HowlinJ
Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:59 pm
If it is, its pretty impressive!
Lip syncing was common on music video productions in the 60's.
this one is done so well,I can't tell if it's live or not!
any opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYxoAJ3Boyc

awsome acoustic performance...check it out,
Howlin"

#64670 by philbymon
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:14 pm
Oh my good gracious that woman STILL makes my nipples hard! Yes, HJ - that was live. Had to be. I watched it three times & found not a single flaw like there would be if it were lip-synched. My gawd that woman is so frikken HOT!!! *pant pant pant* Gimme gimme gimme! Such a fine vocalist. So natural. Such perfection. *SWOOOOOOON*

Oh yeah - good interesting drummer, too. You never see 'em played like that.

I knew before it was loaded that the 2nd one was fake, dude. All I had to see was the title. Yeah, she's hot, but the voice doesn't ring true, & neither does the performance.

#64692 by HowlinJ
Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 am
Phil,
The first time I saw the Peggy performance, I sorta just assumed it was lip synced, but then I also noticed the realness of it.
Note the heavy use of reverb . Also, even though Peggy is snappin' her fingers, there is no mic close to her hand. Might it be an extra finger popper off camera?

I recall seeing Cream live in New York back in 68, and recall how impressed I was by the amount of sound coming out of three instruments. I must say that this performance is just as impressive. Of course, Morphine's sax, drums and two string slide bass line up comes to mind as another example of maximum musical output from a minimum of instrumentation, uniquely played.
HJ

#64712 by gbheil
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:16 am
What no sticks?

#64761 by philbymon
Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:01 pm
Ain't it cool, sans?

I'm not sure, but I think I may have seen this performance before as a kid. I remember the stickless drummer...I've seen Miss Lee lots of times on tv, & always loved her pure honest sound.

#67559 by Donald Ray
Sat May 16, 2009 6:23 pm
Yes it's reall you never seen any one play with there hands before

#67570 by Chippy
Sat May 16, 2009 9:51 pm
In short? Yes and no. The real track was on real drums but this guy was on Louie Belson form and very good with it too. This leads me to believe it was one of those early pop chart mouth miming sessions.

After all you never record in that quality live. I think we all know that now having to do what we do to make something sound like the record live to a point.

Nah a recording. Great voice and a fantastic song.
#73865 by TJS 1
Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:05 pm
If you like drums go look up Buddy Rich. I rest my case.

#75072 by Black57
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:32 am
Oh yeah, an accomplished drummer is a skilled one indeed. He's hired.
#91553 by carmel
Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:47 pm
HowlinJ wrote:If it is, its pretty impressive!
any opinions?

Howlin"
i belive it true she is keeping great time

#91613 by Southernboy
Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:08 am
Yes for sure real. Jazz drummer`s use batter heads and tight. My teacher ( oh masterson :lol: ) showed me some of that Just like starting a fill/roll from the top of a tom or snare (near rim) then slowly bring it to the middle of the head. Sounds like 2-3 different toms. As well you can place your hand on a tom and dampen it to create a different tone. The more pressure the more the change. Yup 100% real Just mic`ed up. We all know there`s no trigger`s on that kit ! lol
Sb.
#93420 by BREAK RED
Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 pm
HowlinJ wrote:If it is, its pretty impressive!
any opinions?

Howlin"

Hey bro... that video was friggin cool. I love that kinda stuff... whats more... I've always wanted a stand up bass...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[url]
www.youtube.com/747rocksjax[/url]