This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6501 by gexclamationpoint
Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:09 am
jmiller4243 wrote:Oh GOD@!!! please don't listen to these people. I can't take another site full of popups and spam. I'm more than happy to pay 9 bucks for a clean working site. I found another guitar player here in ATL through BandMix. Keep up the good work guys!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXO
-JESS

where do you see anyone suggesting popups and spam?

it is more than possible to have a clean working site with banners on the top and bottom of the pages without popups or spam.

for example, go to purevolume.com. at the bottom and top of the page there is a banner. this banner in no way messes up the site.
#6507 by Irminsul
Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 am
g! wrote:for example, go to purevolume.com. at the bottom and top of the page there is a banner. this banner in no way messes up the site.

I've found purevolume to be a very nicely designed, absolutely useless site.
#6552 by gexclamationpoint
Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 pm
Irminsul wrote:
g! wrote:for example, go to purevolume.com. at the bottom and top of the page there is a banner. this banner in no way messes up the site.

I've found purevolume to be a very nicely designed, absolutely useless site.

its horrible for individual musicians, but for bands its easy to put up a page with music and pictures, and as a band you dont have to pay to contact people.

mostly i was referring to the fact that they have banners and whatnot, and either as a band or listener all the basic stuff is free.

but youre right, if youre referring to individual musicians, then it is quite useless.

#6556 by RhythmMan
Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:17 am
I've been contacted by several musicians - all good people, but no one local, ie, my state.
Can't afford the price here - every other band site I've ever visited is free.
So, for me, this site is useless for finding fellow musicians to play with.
But I've had great luck with 3-4 sites specific to my home state. I've met & played with several musicians . . .
However, this site is still priceless; for the dialog, the people, the info . . .

#6559 by gexclamationpoint
Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:34 am
Samic-BluesFunkJazz wrote:I've been contacted by several musicians - all good people, but no one local, ie, my state.
Can't afford the price here - every other band site I've ever visited is free.
So, for me, this site is useless for finding fellow musicians to play with.
But I've had great luck with 3-4 sites specific to my home state. I've met & played with several musicians . . .
However, this site is still priceless; for the dialog, the people, the info . . .

that would be fine for me if bandmix promoted the educational benefit of talking with seasoned musicians, instead of what you see on any bandmix banner.

on the front page it says "Connecting Local Musicians. Join the thousands of seeking musicians and bands. Musician Classifieds. Sign up free!"
along with a big "sign up free" button. the dialog is a benefit, but its not what people sign up for or come for in the first place, so i think its understandable for people to be angry to find out they have to pay to message.

#6561 by gexclamationpoint
Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:42 am
in fact, from taking a closer look at the front page, there is absolutely NOTHING on it to even hint at the fact that youd have to pay to do something as simple as message someone once you joined

#7375 by Smashing_Jam
Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:51 pm
Sorry i haven't taken the time to read some of the points been raised on this thread but i think it is terrible that we can't contact other members unless we pay £6 a month, after hearing that i decided to leave this site, good idea at first, but then no, a pretty shitty site

#7711 by steve_CellarMachine
Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:05 pm
g! wrote:in fact, from taking a closer look at the front page, there is absolutely NOTHING on it to even hint at the fact that youd have to pay to do something as simple as message someone once you joined

+1, I was very surprised to find that theCellarMachine would have to pay to try and contact DRUMMERS in the north MANCHESTER/ LANCS area of the UK. To think they could contact us through our myspace page without us or them having to pay a penny. :D :twisted:

#15804 by sixtysomething
Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:19 am
Hi, I have contacted three people (two of them twice) and I haven't received replies from any of them. I understand that maybe I might not be what they are looking for, but I would expect someone to contact me and tell me that. Has anyone had any success in contacting other people on this sight? Please reply to this or I will get paranoid.

Keep on rocking

Denis (sixtysomething)

#15808 by jw123
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:07 pm
Denis, I havent had any luck finding any musicians in my area to play with from this site. But I did save a bundle with Gieco

I did get back in contact with a couple of people I played with years ago. I quit playing with them then for some reason or another and will not start playing with them again, but we have gotten together to shoot the breeze. There is some good interaction on here with other older musicians. And some of the arguments are funny as hell to me. Anyway Good Luck and keep rockin it beats sittin still

John Wilder

#15843 by Irminsul
Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm
It looks to me like the vast majority of activity on finding band members on BandMix goes on with the East Coast, and South. Out here in the West its a mausoleum.

#15851 by JJW III
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:47 am
Add midwest to that Irminsul.

#15857 by Irminsul
Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:31 am
Wow, I don't know why that is. Population densities?

#15861 by Starfish Scott
Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:57 am
That or no one from those areas knows about this place yet. I know the advertising for this is very lacking. Almost word of mouth only.

#15875 by JJW III
Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:31 pm
Irminsul wrote:Wow, I don't know why that is. Population densities?

Maybe I suck, I don't know but it in couple years I have gotten a handful of contacts.