This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#62013 by Hayden King
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:16 am
David Findman from Electra Records and his asistant jus left my hoose. They left the contract behind thought. at leas t MY COPY wheeeeeeeeew!
He srarted caling me last week buy I didn't say anything because I didn want to jinx it like I do evrything else.
Signed sealed and deliverd baby!!! I was syrprised at how regurlar guy he was. Jeans and a button up. His hair i s a little long and messy. He was funny as hell too. BTW he likes Woodford Reserve whiskey (he brought 2 bottles, they empty now) I aint sayin how much but he wrot me a VERY nice check. He als gave me a credit card for expenses but I have to pay the bills on it. hesad thatthey wanna d othe video for passing on. they just heard the song here st my house
He;s going to call me tomorow around 6;00 and tell me the adress of the STUDIO that I'll be recording in. He said it's just outside of Nashville. Then I;ll be going to LA for a photo shoot and to meet my new AGENT.
gotta start packin and smokin thos 14 pack of cigaretes by tomorow night.

Life Is Good! 8) :D 8)

Hayden King/somewhere in LA baby
www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"my dog is a RICH BITCH"

#62018 by ratsass
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:49 am
Congrats, Hayden. Super cool!!! Careful with the credit card though. Usually, it ain't free money. It's like a loan and comes out of your pay later when you least expect it. At least, that's what all the band horror stories used to say. Might not be the case anymore, but you should ask or maybe see if it's anywhere in the contract.
I have a brother that lives just outside of Nashville in Franklin, TN. He's a plumber, not a musician, but loves music and has been finding all the cool live music spots out there. Wants me to come out and hit a few open mics and other live venues. Might have to do it. Maybe it'll coincide with your trip and we could get together and drink your producers whiskey all up. :)

#62023 by Kramerguy
Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 am
Super grats Hayden!!

When you are so huge that you ride around in a horse drawn chariot, remember us little folks ! 8)

#62026 by philbymon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:45 pm
Wow, congratulations are in order! I'll have a beer in your honor for breakfast.

Best o' luck!

#62027 by gbheil
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:52 pm
Hayden:

All I can say is WOW!!
This is sooo cool. I knew him when he was just................ :lol:
Now I have to pray away me envey. :mrgreen:

Ok, George thou shalt not covet. :oops:

God speed Mr King. :D

#62030 by philbymon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:04 pm
Hold on! I just listened to that song! Is this an April Fool's Prank?

If it isn't, then kindly list the steps you took to get this wonderful stuff happening in your life.

Thank you.

#62055 by Hayden King
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 pm
philbymon wrote:Hold on! I just listened to that song! Is this an April Fool's Prank?

If it isn't, then kindly list the steps you took to get this wonderful stuff happening in your life.

Thank you.

Man am I hung over! whew... He called me last thursday and of course I thought it was a friend pullin some shyte on me, but after a few minutes it was pretty obvious that he was him. He told me that Whore Love was the "best song he'd heard on myspace the entire year" (I get erection) and asked me if "Incarnant" was really that short or was there more. I lied and told him that I just couldn't get through the hard parts on my on track/one take recorder. He asked how many finished songs did I have. I told him around 50 (truth). He asked me how old I was. I told him 43. (so I lied again) but that I was more interested in selling my material than becoming a rock star. he asked if I had any photo's. I sent him some. He asked if I had speaker phone and could I play him a few of my songs. I said no but I will play them to the phone and try it. I played 6 songs for him. He just said "I will call you back". In about 10 minutes he did; he was on a conference call and had me play them all again. He said "Ill call you back". the next day he did and asked my address and that was it. Yesterday he called at 8:00 am and asked if I could be home for the evening. the rest is history! Oh yeah Passing On; I played him the one I recorded on 4 track here (which I hate to say is much better than the new one) and explained the concept and origin of the song and video (written while I was basically dying) and he said the story alone would sell it to the insiders in the bizz and he loved the video concept.
I might not get to talk to you guys for a while so keep pushin forward and wish me luck in LA...

"my dog is a RICH BITCH"

#62066 by BobbyAlan
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:24 pm
Congrats Hayden. All the best to you. Have fun out in L.A. Be careful though, there's alot of Killer Sharks out there....
Bobby.......Don't forget us.......

#62067 by ted_lord
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:25 pm
this has got to be the best non prank ever on april fools congrats ya ole fart haha

#62068 by philbymon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 pm
Nice, man. You go, boy!

#62078 by Around the Corner
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:03 pm
I had the same reaction Philby did when I read the post this morning. Figured I'd see how it played out before I posted.

Congratulations Hayden. Good Luck

#62082 by Andragon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:38 pm
APRIL FOOLS, MOFOS!

oh cmon.

#62083 by PocketGroovesGSO
Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:41 pm
Congrats Hayden!! I'm happy for you to read this fantastic news!!

#62102 by ZXYZ
Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 am
April Foolz!? I hope not. Congrats Dude!! Which song was it that hooked him? Whore Love? Take care, Man.. and yeh, remember the "little people" (us) .. If this is an April foolz I'm gonna be pissed :P lol..

#62126 by fishdrownnair
Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:01 am
Gratz man that is sweet