This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#61903 by RigGator
Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:13 am
really I have 2 kinds of infuences. One 1 level there is guitar then on another scale there are lyricist the forgotten realm in which we least look over. What makes a song the music or the lyrics. In todays modern world I believe it's both. They should complement each other to bring the artist perception to light. I've already posted my Guitar Gods in all their splendor but my most influental artist are as followes

Hank Williams
Bob Dylan
Kris Krisstofferson
Johnny Cash
June Carter
Ray Charles JR
Mark Knophler
Joey Ramone
Gregg Allman
Bob Segar
Jerry Garcia
Fred Rose
John Lee Hooker
John Lennon
Eric Clapton
2 pac Shakur
Everlast
Otis Redding
Sam Cooke
Frank Sinatra
Burt Bacharack
Louis Armstrong
Teddy Pendergrass
John Fogerty
Steve Miller
Syd Barrett
John Denver
Neil Young
Stevie Wonder
Miles Davis

And these are just a few but the list is so long I dont have enough space

#61934 by Rocktheprojet
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm
right now, Denison Witmer has been a huge influence in my writing. All of Thrice's Alchemy Index has also affected me as of late, especially "Water" and "Earth".

Starflyer 59 is always an influence

#62045 by RUSH-2112
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:38 pm
I think everyone can figure out mine :D

#62063 by Andragon
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 pm
RUSH-2112 wrote:I think everyone can figure out mine :D

Zeppelin? :shock:

#62064 by Kramerguy
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 pm
Gene Simmons wrote:Take a F'N guess

LOL I just saw this one today. Combined with the avatar, it's just priceless. Thanks for the hearty laugh!
#62559 by kpmurphy62
Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:48 pm
Stevie Ray and Brent Mason I amd trying really hard not to play like either
but I began to dig into who influenced both and got a real education
#62612 by RaneVox
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 am
I would have to say Queensryche had the greatest influence on my singing, even though so many bands have made their mark on my voice and love of music

#62919 by Starfish Scott
Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:15 am
Ranevox, re-record for the love of god!
#62933 by RaneVox
Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 am
Sorry I haven't been bothered about that as I'm in the middle of learning a new band's songs. It may be soon enough that their songs with my vocals will be up here. Please bear with me. If it goes t*ts up, I'll get back to recording my last song. Cheers. :)

#70203 by Chippy
Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:43 pm
Too many to mention here frankly. High notes are Genesis/Police/Specials something with a bit of get up and go without the raunchiness of modern Rock

#72820 by bundydude
Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:00 pm
Inspiration wise; Kiss...without them, they're the reason I became involved in music to begin with. I'm a vocalist, so, I'd have to say; Warrel Dane (Nevermore, Sanctuary), Matthew Barlow (Iced Earth), Erik A.K. (Flotsam and Jetsam)...Just to name a few.
#73863 by TJS 1
Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:02 pm
THE BEATLES. They were are and always will be the best. They have influenced just about every musician you can name. Other great bands have come along but they are number 1.

#74040 by xxwalkaxx
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 am
Cradle of Filth and Kirk Hammet