This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#54015 by Oceans Aftermath
Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:14 am
Main guitar: Midnight Ebony Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
(wonderful guitar very smooth neck, semi hollow {not heavy at all unlike other LPs, has the new nanomag which makes it sound like an acoustic})

Amp: Raven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack
(this amp beats most marshals I have played dont dis it cause its not one of the big daddy names, I was planing on getting this years limited edition marshal {yes the purple one x) } and this Raven owned it along with the line six and other amps i tryed)

Effects: Boss GT-10
(this has to be one of the best pedals out there for a lower budget guitarist, only 500 bucks and this thing packs a pucnh. you are able to make your own original effects straight from the pedal whithin minutes. also you are able to loop stuff you play as many times as you needPRaven RG100H and RG412 Half Stack {great for metal solos}
this thing also has some crazy effects {cant sweep it can do it for you if you set it up right lol}

and these are the main things i use in gigs and band practice
i also use monster cables which have to be the best ones out there almost they are worth the money i am still using the first two and it has been like 3 years since then... never had to buy another cable 8)

#54122 by gbheil
Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:39 am
Gibson Les Paul Goddess with Sansom wireless into Boss tuner to Carvin Nomad amp tubed by Shredd6. Cab voiced out into Carvin RX1200 PA. Mixture of Carvin and Yamaha mains / monitors.
I now either by the cables from a local shop. Or Wal Mart. they seem to be just as good and durable as the high dollar ones.
Next major purchase will be a powered sub. Then perhaps some better three way mains.

#54207 by fisherman bob
Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 am
Peavey TNT 115 bass amp, Fender Precision Special bass guitar, Peavey XR684 powered miser, Peavey Black Widow mains, a few assorted monitors. I don't really know what the rest of the band plays through and don't really care as long as it sounds good. No light show either. A sixty watt light bulb is good enough for me. Don't dress up anything special. I'm a very blue collar performer.

#54232 by Shredd6
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:23 am
As much as it pains me to say this... I had to sell my Mesa Dual Rectifier. I'm doing all I can to keep the bank from foreclosing on my house. I'm hanging in there, but there might be more gear to go soon here.

So my current rig looks like this:

Fender Squier Stagemaster, Neck-through with SD Blues Saraceno Trembuckers.

Fender Hot Rod Deville-4x10 for bigger venues. Fender Studio 85-1x12 Solid-State for smaller venues.

Modded Crybabay wah. Seymour Duncan pickup booster for clean boost.

That's it. A nice neat little package. All fits in the trunk of my car.

#54236 by Oceans Aftermath
Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:43 am
sorry to hear that man, i would probbly sell every thing else i owned before selling my raven or my les paul. but good luck with that man i know this time is bad for the eco

Shredd6 wrote:As much as it pains me to say this... I had to sell my Mesa Dual Rectifier. I'm doing all I can to keep the bank from foreclosing on my house. I'm hanging in there, but there might be more gear to go soon here.

So my current rig looks like this:

Fender Squier Stagemaster, Neck-through with SD Blues Saraceno Trembuckers.

Fender Hot Rod Deville-4x10 for bigger venues. Fender Studio 85-1x12 Solid-State for smaller venues.

Modded Crybabay wah. Seymour Duncan pickup booster for clean boost.

That's it. A nice neat little package. All fits in the trunk of my car.

#54349 by jw123
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 am
Currently a Les Paul CLassic 60 Reissue into a X2 wireless to a POD PRO with full pedalboard straight into the pa. Takes about 3 minutes to set up and tear down and I can carry it all in one load.

On a side note I have a full complement of Mesa amps large and small and a large pedal board, but lately all that has stayed home.

My suggestion to any aspireing player would be to keep it as simple as possible.

An update, back to the ole half stack and full pedal board.

Im like a washing machine just going thru cycles!
Last edited by jw123 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#61944 by thomas smith
Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:17 pm
Vox AC30 with Celestion blues, 2x12 extension cab with vintage (70's) Celestion greenbacks. Hendrix wah,Ibanez Tube Screamer,Danelectro PBJ delay,vox AB(reverb, tremolo).Sometimes I use a Fender Blues Jr. for side fill. :)

#61986 by ratsass
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:13 pm
Dusty! :cry:

#61990 by HowlinJ
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:03 am
ratsass wrote:Dusty! :cry:

:lol:

Sad to say, my rock & roll gear has been collecting house dust, over that fine patina of encrusted "dive-dew" accumulated over a couple of decades of beer joint giggin'. :evil:

Remember, a little crud on the tools does no harm, and perhaps even adds a bit of character to rock gear, however, dont forget to blow the dust off your power amp transistors before you take it back out on the road!

Howlin'

#62057 by Lizzy Janes Rescue
Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:37 pm
The limited edition purple Marshall that was owned by the Raven RG100H halfstack... :roll: Hahaha

My Gibson Les Paul Standard or Ibanez RG520QSB through a 50W Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern halfstack (yeah it's purple). Sometimes I run out the VM's loop through a delay pedal and into a MosValve 1160 with the 425A cab split stereo in a wet/dry set up. Other than that a handfull of stompboxes. The VM is an old school set it and forget it single channel amp. You use the volume knob on your guitar to change your level of grind. No channel switching tap dancing. Just adjust your lead tone with you guitar's volume on 10 and roll it back to clean it up.

#62097 by Shredd6
Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:04 am
Ok.. So I'm back online now. It's been tough to keep up with the bills lately, but I'm managing.

So I thought that the departure of my Mesa would f**k me up for life. But as I dive into the world of Fender more and more, I'm finding that it suits my needs very well. For Reggae anyway.

This is what my live rig looks like now.

Usually I only use one of the Fender 85's for the gigs. If anyone happens to run across one in a pawn shop somewhere, I highly recommend picking it up. There's one on ebay right now for about $100. I paid $50 for the Studio 85, and $70 for the "Eighty Five". They're extremely light-weight, and can cut through any mix easily.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the Fender solid state clean channel really does kick ass. And works for Reggae better than my Mesa did. It's a lot more touch sensitive, crisp, and sharp with chords. Reggae "skanking" requires that kind of attack while retaining clarity. Tube amps have never really been known to excel in those qualities.

However, the distortion isn't much to speak of. So I added a Tech-21 TRI-OD to the mix.. Problem solved.

So here's a list of my live rig:

Fender Squier Stagemaster (neck-through)

*effects chain*
Seymour Duncan- Pickup booster
Dunlop Crybaby -(modded w/ true bypass)
Boss- tuner
Tech-21 TRI OD _ Distortion pedal
VooDoo Labs- Tremolo
Digitech- Envelope filter
Digitech- Multi Chorus
Digitech- Phaser
Boss- Noise Suppressor
Digitech- Delay
Digitech- Flanger

Fender- Eighty Five

I couldn't be happier. This rig smokes big fatties.

#62162 by jw123
Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:30 pm
So the dual is gone, sniff sniff

Looks like youve got what you need to do the job.

Ive come to realize that it doesnt matter what you use, it might be a toaster oven if it gets the tone your after then thats cool.

Im personally back loving my Triple Rec with 4 EL 34s. I think I have a coupld of Sylvania and Mullard pres in it currently. I kept moving them around til I found a combination that seemed to work well on all channels.

Also grabbed a Roadster Combo, still playing with tube combinations in it.

Good TO Hear From You Dude, I still love Burn! I couldnt ever get my guys to cover it. That song should be on the radio!

#62170 by philbymon
Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 pm
I'm a cheap bastid.

I use an Aria Pro II clear burgundy 4-string bass, or a natural-finished SounDesign 5-string, run through a Peavey Combo 400. Rarely, I use my Zoom Bass pedal for effects. It works in every venue I play in, & I'm occasionally too loud for my own good.

For guitar, I have a Dean acoustic (artists model), or a Squire Strat (black on black) w/USA guts. or a Dano (I forget the model, but it ain't one of the crappy ones - bronze sparkly), or I borrow my son's Jaguar or Revelation, & run 'em through a crappy lil Peavey Express 112, unless I'm using a red Twin Reverb that my drummer lets me use.

For acoustic, I use an Ernie Ball volume & Peavey digital delay/flange/chorus combo pedal. For electric, I use Dano pedals w/the EB vol & a Crybaby Wah, but I'm just a rhythm player.

#62206 by ratsass
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:50 pm
Ok, my main guitar is a Hamer Slammer w/2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle. For small gigs I use my Roland Cube 30 with double footswitch for channel and fx. For bigger gigs I use a Hughes & Kettner AX80 with my Korg AX1500 pedal.
Now for all the extras I've kept over the years:

Guitars:
Another Hamer Slammer w/1 humbucker bridge and single coil neck (I replaced with DiMarzio single coil sized humbucker with tapped coil and put a push/pull pot for volume).
2 1970 Electra Les Paul copies. a black one I bought in 1972 (my first good guitar) and a gold top I found in a pawn shop about 10 years ago.
Original Peavey Vandenburg
DiMarzio Kit guitar I found in pawnshop. Had a broken head stock. Gave 50 bucks to use it for parts and reglued the headstock and it plays great. 1 humbucker, 1 volume nob, lockdown and floyd rose.
Fender Squire Tele.
Original Fender Telecoustic.
Kona acoustic electric
handmade wooden 4 string banjo.

Amps:
The Hughes & Kettner and Roland Cube 30 mentioned above.
Old Marshall 50 watt head (no channel switching here). With Crate 4X12 cab with speakers from old Kustom tuck and roll PA speaker cab.
1962 Fender Deluxe
Fender 85
Crate 50 watt Blue Voodoo head
Crate G60 60 watt solid state 12" combo
Crate G150 150 watt solid state 12" combo
Electar 30 watt acoustic guitar amp with mic channel

Basses:
Fender Squier P Bass
Austin Jazz Bass
Ibanez Bass w/active electronics.

Bass Amps:
Peavey 210 T (two 10" and a horn)
Peavey Combo 150
Crate B50

Keyboards:
Hammond C2
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Roland D9
Korg M8000
Old upright piano
Kawai Midi sound module
2 Leslie 122A's

Drums:
5-piece Rogers Kit
4-piece Pearl Kit
5-piece Remo Kit
5-piece Rims (the one with tuneable rims and no shells).
About 15 or more Zildjian cymbals, large and small Paiste China's, 22"Paiste Gong w/stand.

A few of these I bought new. Most were Pawnshop Prizes 'cause I'm a cheap bastid too! :)

And I'm not mentioning PA or Lights 'cause I have more of that than regular equipment.
Now you know why I built a studio. I had to have a place to keep all this sh*t! :shock:

#62280 by jw123
Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:12 pm
Well I ve got a trailer full of PA equipment and then more in the garage. I just list what I use on stage for gigs.