This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#4050 by Gunner_J
Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Like: Bleeding Through - Killswitch Engage - All That Remains - Trivum - Chidren of Bodom - Mudvayne - Lamb of God - Mastodon - The Black Dahlia Murder - Job For A Cowboy - As I Lay Dying - Unearth - Inflames

8) Sorry that was alot of my band influences...

#4131 by Guest
Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:35 am
Lamb Of God, Bodom, In Flames, Mudvayne and Killswitch thank you very much!

#4202 by VacantPlanets
Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:15 pm
I love metal, but it needs to be more than a chug fest.

#4216 by Guest
Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 am
Mastodon = geniuses in every sense of the word
Lamb of God = liked their earlier stuff, not so much their latest album
In Flames = ditto LoG, new stuff is good too, though
Killswitch Engage = heavier than ever
BDM = crazy schitzophrenic metal. :twisted:

#4313 by crazyPUNKkid
Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:30 am
love all these bands. Killswitch's singer needs to get more of a metal sounds to his voice though, but he's still good, although I'll always prefer their old singer. I actually know Trivium's bass player. His uncle cuts hair in my hometown of Lock Haven, PA.

#4402 by MOSHWITZ
Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:36 pm
L.O.G kicks ass...how bout some Nevermore(Loomis is the new king!), Chimaira, Symbyosis, or some Straping Young Lad...

MOSH ON
DAVE

#4781 by Skotkills
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:37 pm
Trivium, bodom, lamb of god, as i lay dying, unearth and in flames. :evil:

#4790 by Shovelhed
Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:20 am
Trivium - Greatness, and amazing live.
Killswitch - Awesome talent... also amazing live... and his voice is just fine... he has a good range
Mudvayen - My favorite band... awesome musicians... extremely talented... and also AMAZING live... sounds just like the albums.

I think that's about it for me... not much into "too" hardcore bands... I like variety...

Also, where at is Pasadena, Texas? i'm in the D/FW area myself.

#5100 by Casey of Black Santa
Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:30 am
Sunn O)))

Earth

Kanate

Boris

Sleep

Harvey Milk

Melvins

Black Flag's later stuff was basically the begining of grunge and stoner metal (My War, Slip It In, In My Head)

Black Sabbath is still the heaviest, cuz, you know, thay invented it.
#5319 by inside the horror
Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 pm
I LVE ALL THOSE BANDS AND I ALSO LOVE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
MACHINE HEAD
FEAR FACTORY
CHIMAIRA
PIG DESTROYER
ZYKLON
MISTRESS
ANAAL NATHRAAKH
OPETH
INSOMNIUM
GOD FORBID
MENDEED
ARCH ENEMY
SEPULTURA(MAX ERA)
PANTERA
BYZANATINE
HATEBREED
MY DYING BRIDE
ICED EARTH
FEAR FACTORY
DECAPITATED
SHADOWS FALLS
VADER
BEHEMOTH

#5722 by djmistat
Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:34 am
Killswitch Engage are ace!!! - i think some people tend to give the newer singer a hard time, but i think he brings an awesome sound to the band!

Mastodon,- when they played on the Unholy Alliance Tour, fookin 'ell!!!

Trivium....they just kick ass!!

#6028 by gexclamationpoint
Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:50 pm
crazyPUNKkid wrote:love all these bands. Killswitch's singer needs to get more of a metal sounds to his voice though, but he's still good, although I'll always prefer their old singer. I actually know Trivium's bass player. His uncle cuts hair in my hometown of Lock Haven, PA.

how do you like all those bands and still call yourself "crazypunkkid"

#6108 by Casey of Black Santa
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:22 pm
Swans. though their later music was less heavy as far as "metalness", their early stuff was massive! and very scary.

but personally, i've found metal to be childish. really, some guy thrashing on a guitar, on the same note, and yelling "SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!" isn't intense to me. Slipknot? come on, little kid stuff. Big Black, now that's an intense band!

don't get me wrong, i love metal, just not Slipknot or Slayer or anything like that. even though Slayer's okay to thrash to when no one's looking. :lol: