This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6071 by drummerbw
Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:12 am
:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by drummerbw on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#6079 by deacotiks
Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:44 am
you're right on the hammer. *random ass original saying* if you don't believe in yourself and your abilities..NO ONE ELSE WILL.

#6088 by gexclamationpoint
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:07 am
i agree with shindei...unfortunately, its not the same as what drummerbw is saying. its a nice thought, drummer, but in an unperfect world where the gap between rich and poor is constantly increasing, its getting harder and harder to just persevere and have everything turn out great.

#6104 by Casey of Black Santa
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:05 pm
in today's society $ is the key. i for one don't mind being a starving artist but that's not gonna pay the rent.

in terms of music, i don't wanna be the Rolling Stones.

#6140 by drummerbw
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 pm
It is apparent that your "dreams" are of fame and fortune,what I was stating was that within each of us is a goal that we set and strive for,could be a certain song you havent been able to play or a gig youve been waiting to play for.or perhaps a beat you just havent been able to get down.My "dreams" come from within my abilities not money or fame.So dont assume or catogorize me with the typical stereotype------peace------------ :idea:

#6141 by gexclamationpoint
Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 pm
drummerbw wrote:It is apparent that your "dreams" are of fame and fortune,what I was stating was that within each of us is a goal that we set and strive for,could be a certain song you havent been able to play or a gig youve been waiting to play for.or perhaps a beat you just havent been able to get down.My "dreams" come from within my abilities not money or fame.So dont assume or catogorize me with the typical stereotype------peace------------ :idea:

just as much as you think i categorized you with my response, i think its fair to say that you categorized everyone into the original statement that you made.

i never put you into the typical stereotype. however, when you say absolutely that "dreams will come true if you persevere" then YOU place everyone into one spectrum, which isnt true. you may have a dream of just getting a beat down, but if someone else (regardless of if it's me or any regular joe) has a dream of money or fame, that dream might not happen. so when YOU say "persevere and you will achieve your dream," then it is you who assumes, not me.

#6145 by drummerbw
Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:41 pm
Are you on dogfood or just looking for a fight??its dickheads like you that make me wonder what the hell the worlds coming to.I guess your gonna say the grass isnt green either!!you took what I said completely out of context and apparently dont have the brain copacity to understand a simple phrase!!You should go join Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew you would fit right in sh*t for brains.

#6148 by mistermikev
Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:48 pm
freind once told me: "believe in yourself and you can be anything you want to..."
-apparently he wanted to be an insurance salesman more than anything in the world because he believed himself right into that job.

In all seriousness... I think you just have to want it bad enough to do more than the other billion people gunning for a wealthy music career. Are you willing to take a $100,000 cash advance and tote your music around to every crappy little dive in L.A., knowing that if you can't make things work you'll have to be in debt to a greasy record company (worse than a loan shark)? If you answered yes: (you must truly love your craft) you may just be -one of the lucky few- who actually makes decent money doing what you love.

#6166 by gexclamationpoint
Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:54 pm
drummerbw wrote:Are you on dogfood or just looking for a fight??its dickheads like you that make me wonder what the hell the worlds coming to.I guess your gonna say the grass isnt green either!!you took what I said completely out of context and apparently dont have the brain copacity to understand a simple phrase!!You should go join Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass crew you would fit right in sh*t for brains.

i fail to understand how i'm the dickhead when all i did was respond to your posts honestly. furthermore, you attack and criticize my opinions and call me sh*t for brains. but i'm the dickhead, right?

#6182 by SDavis22
Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:58 am
Man, g!, I thought I was the only one who got into those kinds of situations on this website! Yeah, the blatant 'sh*t for brains' was pretty far and bombastic!

What happened to the original message?

I think the 'you can achieve anything' idea is unrealistic just because it allows some people to operate outside their means and abilities and therefore sets them up for extreme disappointment. It's great to always do your best but sometimes we have to be realistic about what it is we're trying to achieve.

#6185 by gexclamationpoint
Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:04 am
yeah well, i guess thats what i get for stating my opinion, huh? he said "i wonder what the world's coming to," meanwhile, he tries to belittle me for my honest opinion about dreams, which was in no way an attack towards him.

i think he just assumes that because im younger, im obviously the immature, irrational, pretentious one, so he didnt even bother taking my posts seriously. big mistake, drummer. opinions and beliefs of others are not something you can change just by using mindless insults. and if you think that IS the case, maybe you need to grow up more than i do.

#6193 by drummerbw
Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:49 am
both of ya can take your websters dictionary opinions and stick them up your ass.Read what I said--YOU TOOK A SIMPLE PHRASE THAT I THOUGHT WAS VERY COOL AND TURNED IN EVERY DIRECTION POSSIBLE BUT WHAT IT WAS MEANT TO BE.So now your beating a dead horse,get out of your moms basement and go see the world.Damn I regret even writing it!!! :evil:

#6197 by izzys2far
Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:47 pm
Holy mother of god! I can't believe there is even a fight about this!Going on record and saying "most stupid fight ever".No wonder there's war when people fall out over dreams!

I was gonna put up my thoughts on the matter,but,I'm a lover not a fighter!

#6200 by drummerbw
Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
No doubt Izzy, all I wanted to do was make a satement to the younger generation of musicians and it turns into this.Lokks like these two have nothing better to but get on here and bash other people--obviosly there not getting enough attention at home