This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60774 by PocketGroovesGSO
Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:04 am
Hey everyone. I'm Josh, and I just joined up. I stumbled on this site accidently, and I'm glad that I did!

For the cats that have been using this medium (as opposed to MySpace, Facebook, etc) for a while, how helpful has this medium been to building your music business/band and getting your name out there to prospective venues/clients?

Hope to hear from you soon!

--Josh

#60777 by philbymon
Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:23 am
Welcome, Josh.

Putting up examples of your work in MP3 format on your profile will help ppl know what you can do. You sound like you have some great axes, & I'd love to hear some examples of your work.

I've met & spoken to a few ppl in the last year through this site, & living in the WV area, I think that's actually pretty good. Living in a more populated or more musical area will mean possiblities of more contacts.

The forum's a great place to learn from ppl who are or have been doing it, though.

Enjoy!

#60789 by fisherman bob
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:30 am
Met a few musicians on here. The forum is a lot of fun. We cover almost any musical topic and some non-musical topics as well. If you search for musicians often on Bandmix and visit this forum frequently I think you'll benefit from it. Good luck...

#60791 by gbheil
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 am
Welcome!

#60797 by Fishrockstar
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:19 am
I think this is a great place to post your work. It also gives you the chance to get some feedback from an incredibly diverse and talented pool of musicians. I've already had a few opportunities come my way and have had invitations to jam with some new people. I think you'll find this the best deal on the web for musicians.

Welcome aboard!

#60799 by Afewdaysback
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:26 am
I've been on here a month or so and I dig. Philby brings up a good point in that by putting up a few MP3's it'll let people know your sound. Plus everyone on here is a musicain, so it gives you a wealth of people to turn to who've 'been there'. I like this better than the other sites because this is strictly musicians.

#60802 by RyanStrain3032
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 am
^ditto to what everyone else said^

Yeah, this forum is a great place to post your work and get feedback, unless you're a metal musician like me...Then respect is hard to come by, and you get taken less seriously.

But I've been a member of this site for about a year now, and I've met a lot of nice people, and got a lot of good advice.

Welcome, have fun, and I hope you find what you're looking for here :D

#60803 by ZXYZ
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:46 am
Welcome PocketGrooves. Please post some 'o your tunes! :D

#60823 by Kramerguy
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 pm
I met quite a few people through here, although none ever really worked out in a band. I ended up having a much better (and worse) time with craigslist, when it comes to musician match-making, but the guys here on the forums are really diverse, aren't afraid to tell you when your demo sounds like a dying cat, and offer great advice on everything from gigging to band-mate issues.

With craigslist, there's a ton of posers, so you have a lot more weeding out to do, but in the end, it seems like everyone, good and bad, uses craigslist as a primary musician "classified" section.

Welcome to the forums!

#60830 by PocketGroovesGSO
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:48 pm
HOLY CRAP!! The surprise is a good thing because I wasn't expecting this kind of response so quickly! With other forums that I've been on, I put a post, and its a month before I got a response!!

Anyway, I will definitely put some work on the site. Most of the work that I've done recently is in post production, so I've really only got one song that I can put up right now. I've got about 4 other album projects that I've worked on up to current, and they should all be released between April and July; I'll have more work to put up soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome, advise, and kind words. I'll have what I've got up on the site sometime this weekend.

--Josh

#60845 by ratsass
Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 pm
Afewdaysback wrote:Plus everyone on here is a musician.

Well, ALMOST everyone. There was that "Travelbob55" guy...but, I digress. :roll:

#60860 by PocketGroovesGSO
Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:43 am
Hey guys. I uploaded the only song that's out of post. It is available for play, but not for download per the artist's request. Enjoy!

#60867 by gbheil
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:11 am
Gosh Josh I couldnt find any music on you profile.
And you really neednt post anything in two places.
We'll find you bro.

#60870 by PocketGroovesGSO
Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:27 am
I'll delete it and reload... I don't know what happened. I'll check the format too... it may be formatted incorrectly for the music player.

#60871 by PocketGroovesGSO
Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:00 am
...frustrated...

I deleted the audio file, reloaded it in an MP3 format, and it is still not showing up on my profile.

Well, since I can't use this music player, you can go to my MySpace page and check it out if you want to: www.myspace.com/big_groove_daddy. Check it out, and let me know what you think. If you like the song, you can download it from the artist at www.myspace.com/johngoose.