This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#60658 by Broken4U
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:39 am
:idea: As soon as got on this sight I was inspired with a new idea!
To start a musicians support group in my neck of the woods.
A group that encourages musicians from all walks of life. The singer to the songwriter. The drummer to the guitarist. The piano player to the keyboardist and so forth. The ones that are discouraged and wanting to quit, to the ones that can't seem to find the rthym or carry a tune, yet dream of making a life in the music world.
From one musician to the next, it's all good, no matter which way you look at it. It's our attitudes about things that count.

#60661 by gbheil
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:57 am
Hey Tracy, welcome to Bandmix.
Post up some examples of your singing for us as soon as you can.

#60665 by phoenixdrummer09
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:09 am
Hi. I'm new here too. I like the idea you had because I know a few musicians who are pretty good, but just get frustrated with the whole business and want to quit. It'd be helpful to have some support.

#60693 by Hayden King
Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:45 am
that's a great idea broken. I tossed around the idea of that here in my area but there aren't enough real musicians here to mess with it. There are more clubs popping up around here now though and hopefully soon it will be a place where musicians can get enough incentive to work together and help each other.
I hope you can help some musicians in your area deal with all o the bullshit that comes with the music bizz and poser musicians!

GOOD LUCK

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"thems that knows me knows better, thems that dont, dont matter"

#60715 by Broken4U
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 pm
thanks, check out my song on my profile titled. It's going to be OKAY

#60763 by philbymon
Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 pm
I checked out your tune. Interesting seemingly random changes from 3/4 to 4/4 time sig. Nice voice.

Hope your idea helps out those in need in your area.

Welcome to the forum.

#60821 by Kramerguy
Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:17 pm
welcome new folks!

#60857 by PocketGroovesGSO
Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 am
Welcome! I just joined as well, and I'm excited about exploring the posts and sharing with the musicians here.

#61081 by Broken4U
Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:12 am
Yeah so far guys, I have done pretty well on the support group thingy. I announced in my church this Sunday, and met a new comer about ready to get rid of his guitar until he heard my announcement. So, I'm thinking we just have our first meeting in the park, as long as the weather permits it. It will be a place where we can at least bring our instruments if we want. Can't do that at a library LOL, they inspect you to be all quiet and all, like we're musicians, quiet isn't in our vocabulary is it? LOL My first child was at a rock concert at the age of 3 days old. LOL He's 15 now and writting his own music. Anyways thanks for all the encouragment you give me and every other musician on here too.

http://www.myspace.com/TracyMcGrathsmusic