This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#6051 by Pawpa-Dawg
Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:16 pm
ok gang here it is .....

I have seen on here there are alot of talented ppl on here and if some of the younger upcomers would like .... ask them for advise... hell they all ( Me included) have paid the dues and know first hand about music ...it is more than a show as Our Band motto is .... "for the music and nothing else" as without music what have You got?

so I ask You this .....

how old is too old?

#6067 by SDavis22
Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:30 am
You're never too old!

#6090 by gexclamationpoint
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:10 am
hell, you tell me. look at les paul, still going strong.

#6097 by The KIDD
Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:59 pm
Hey Gang,

When Im hangin with the BG/Swing crowd, At 46,I feel like a teen again.Act goofy , tons of NRG , like a buzz saw :lol: Funny thing was, so did they..(hint)...We had a great 6 hr. jam in OH every SUN at a flea market for 5-6 yrs...Those Cats cooked right up to their dyin day...My theory knowledge increased dramatically playin that kinda material...Most of them were 75-85...It was so sad to see an 85 yr old who loved to play ,just as much as me, pass away.Didnt seem fair and made me angry for a while...We had a wall with evryones picture posted and a black ribbon underneath marking those who had died....When I first started going ,I would make fun of them, teasing them becuase they couldnt play 160bpm, or the old fiddle players would play slightly outta tune...It didnt take long before they had my full respect and appreciation...During the last 3 yrs ,we lost 6 of them and the jam ended...Be nice and respect those old Cats...Yeah , they're slower and have ailments but they love to play just as much as you do ..Its timeless.

John in WV.

#6170 by DGuitarWriter
Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:47 pm
Rock this...
I am a 42 year-old, Hendrix-Clapton mix, and by that I mean, not only am I half black and white racially, but I am also ahead of my time...in a classical sort of way. (lol)
For the last 20+ years I have been picking at one or more of my guitars for all the same reasons most of us keep rockin'...BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD!

It feels good to know that I CAN rock! And although I have yet to hook-up with a group of similar thinking personalities, I will continue to do WHATEVER it is that I've been doing, beit gigging, jamming, or just plain ol' practicing.
You see, ROCK-N-ROLL, or ANY music for that matter, is a form of expression, and when do ANY of us become TOO OLD to share what makes us FEEL GOOD?

Thanks for letting me listen.

#6398 by johnnya
Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:39 pm
WHEN YOUR BONES START CRACKING IN THE COFFIN :!:thats when your toooo old to rock n roll,

#6699 by Lady Rocker
Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:27 pm
johnnyAVZ wrote:WHEN YOUR BONES START CRACKING IN THE COFFIN :!:thats when your toooo old to rock n roll,

:lol: - Very well said!!

I won't stop rockin unless I lose my voice, the use of my body or DIE! :wink:

#6738 by MattZito
Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:32 am
When you can't move your gear and won't pay someone to do it for ya.

Cheers,
Matt

#6782 by CollectiveAge
Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:44 am
I guess when you can't get out of bed anymore.
#6823 by dphardinger
Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:09 pm
I'll be 50 this year, just getting another blues project off the ground and going strong. Rock & Roll is in your soul man, I believe it's embedded in the spirit, and remains even when that's all we have left.
"Keep Rockin"

#6849 by Lady Rocker
Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 pm
Hey Gopher!! U've been here??? To BFE????

What brought ya here??

It's not hard getting gigs in a couple places here & around the surrounding area.... Marquette, Sault Ste Marie, etc.....

It's hard finding MUSICIANS!!! :cry:

I'm curious to hear your story though of what brought ya here!! :)

#6919 by KRB
Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:00 am
thunder & lightning is just past on rockers blowing equipment.

#7015 by kevspain
Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm
When I can't I'm gona try anyhow. People may not want to listen but hey it will be more fun than drulling. Wait a minute I'm a Bass Player, Can't spell and I drull anyway!!!