This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#59430 by Heyoka
Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:41 pm
Have you ever been here?
You've created a song, and as much as it's almost perfect,
Something's not quite right...there's something missing...

And if you had the key to unlock it ---
Just imagine the music you could create

Through the use of conscious breathwork, a little meditation and Reiki,
I can help you access that deeper creative source.
I have been working with musicians and singers (Rockers, Blues and Opera) and I have been having excellent results, helping them to break down inner performance barriers, giving them the ability to access a deeper creative vibration in a creatively satisfying and relaxing experience.

If what you've read here appeals to you, feel free to come browse my website at http://www.heyoka-healing.com and perhaps book a 30 minute appointment to see what I'm talking about. I think you'll be surprised at the results.

I'm sure you're wondering about my credibility, so I'll let you know I've been performing as a musician for over 40 years.

And for those not in my immediate vicinity (Toronto), I can and do help people long distance....

#59436 by Kramerguy
Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 pm
credibility? Just another snake-oil salesman to me...

#59466 by philbymon
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 pm
Nom myoho rhenge kyo!

#59493 by fisherman bob
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:22 am
I'm not a good candidate for you. Nothing's missing when I play. Sorry.

#59509 by philbymon
Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 pm
I am in perfect nirvanic peace until the guitar player gets drunk or goes out of tune, & then my inner beauty will throw a hissy fit.

#59521 by Heyoka
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:44 pm
Uh... greetings?

Sorry if I've offended anyone's sensibilities with this offer.
It's not meant to infer that any of you need to connect, I'm sure most if not all of you are very connected. It's meant for those that might need it and/or be interested in the concept.

Snake oil? I don't know... I've been watching the progress of a client, a young opera singer, and she's quickly achieving things she only dreamt of before, breaking down all manner of inner barriers. Whether or not it's due to the Reiki sessions is up to her to decide. I only know she says it's helping a lot.
Credibility? I was referring to my musical background.
As for the credibility of what I do, I let my clients speak for that.
I make no claims.

Thanks philbymon.... namaste.

Yes, you can get it on youtube, unless you want a little more info and a deeper connection.

Again, I apologize if I've offended anyone.

be well.... stay in tune

#59615 by fisherman bob
Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:45 am
I'm not doubting that you can help SOME people. The only real help is continuous practice. Some people have a fear of performing in front of people. When I first started playing in bands I was petrified. Try playing in front of fifty Hell's Angels on your second ever gig. What you"re talking about to me isn't so much technique but more psychological. If people would just BELIEVE they're capable then they can get over that fear. I know sometimes you feel like you've hit a stone wall on your way toward progress. All the technique in the world isn't really going to help you until you KNOW that you're good. I've seen some people in bands who really weren't that technically good but they had so much confidence that they dominated the stage...( the Hell's Angels enjoyed us so much they give each band member a courtesy card, no need for me to be petrified after all).

#59633 by Heyoka
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:02 pm
Thanks for that response, fisherman bob.
I agree that practice is the way to "perfection", and you're quite right that what I'm talking about is psychological, or maybe to take it to a slightly more esoteric level, more energetic. It's a case of conscious awareness of vibration, those around you and those that you give off yourself.
And considering music is a realm of vibration, it's the sort of thing that many musicians take for granted.
And yes indeed, as you stated, "If people would just BELIEVE they're capable then they can get over that fear."

What I try to do is help them believe.
And so far, it's always worked.

Thanks again.

#60072 by Starfish Scott
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:18 am
How much for one oz of snake oil? lol

#60272 by Johnny Nobody
Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:41 pm
Sounds a little cultish. But there are many ways to approach creation of a tune. Anything can influence, from the rules of the instrument to the rules of musical notes to no rules at all(sort of). I have a tune from the way a guitar actually sounds harmonically and one from how I believe mathematically a guitar should sound.

#60275 by philbymon
Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:49 pm
Many of us here at BM are tough on ppl that we see selling something. Don't take it personal. I can see where you're headed, & in some cases, I'm sure it helps some ppl. Nothing works for everyone, though, & you need to remember that.

There are many times I feel at odds with the universe, & something along these lines could prolly help, if I weren't so pig-headed about it all & feel the need to do it all my way all the time, but that's one of the things what makes me who & what I am, & I often like to wallow in my wrongness.

Eventually, I'll settle in again, & all will be better balanced in my little corner of the universe. Damn, but I hope it's soon.

Namaste, yerself, & good luck.