This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#56906 by www.bandmix.com/screename
Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 pm
Speaking of Austin, Texas, I played on the Rawtime TV show there March of 2004. That is one musical town. There is a whole lot of music there and my favorites being the Hillbilly and Hellbilly styles and Dale Watson and then there is Wayne the train Hancock. Austin has some GREAT music!!! I would love to move there and play again. right now I am stuck in Arizona but I am playin a few gigs out here. I sure miss Austin. There is more REAL country music being made in Texas than any place I have ever been and lets not forget the rockabilly and Texas Swing either. I need some gigs in Texas.
Next time I get out there I am going to eat another chicken quesadilla at Jovitas. Good food there!!! Who knows maybe I'll see my friend Scott H. Biram playin there again.

#57468 by ZXYZ
Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 am
Welcome Mzeroq. Thats some pretty neat, funky, original stuff you got going on there. melikes! It's different!

#58050 by Spiritinthesky
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:42 pm
Hi and hello from a very cold Manchester in the UK. Worst winter here for over 20 years, so much snow! Anyway, looking forward to talking to you guys.
#58781 by SkyDogJr
Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:16 am
Hey,

Steve here...

I've been playing for some time and have gigged extensively in the PNW.

Because of some health issues, I'm not really actively looking to start something, but if it goes....it goes.

Thanks for reading....

#59494 by Fishrockstar
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:27 am
Band Mix is a great addition to the web. I'm amazed looking at these chats and checking the various links at how many very talented musicians there are out there.

Personally, I'm in South Carolina, but a native Pacific Northwesterner. Been here about 2 years and love it. The live music scene is alive and well in Columbia, SC .

I've been working on a project of classic rock fishing parodies (preview available at my profile page) that's been about 80% done for 3 years, but I'm finally able to see the finish line ahead. Then I can start work on the double album of originals that's been in storage in my head for too long.

I'm really looking forward to being able to learn from and pick the brains of a lot of very creative and talented people.

#59623 by RhythmMan
Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 am
Welcome, people.

#59673 by mossyrock
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm
muzakhead wrote:Nice meeting you all! I'm up here in Michigan, I'm a 52 yr old Muzakhead who jam alot in the country with various bands. My favorite Gig was when we did ol' el paso in the 80's where I was kickin it with the one and only (WOLFMAN JACK) I'll never forget that!
Hey Muzakhead. I am a 51 year old ratrace drop-out who's been working his chops back up for the past few years(I also build and repair electric guitars). Your post caught my eye because I am interested primarily in original compositions of the classic rock style. In fact, I've forgot most of the covers I used to know. I'm best at lead but also adept at acoustic picking and rhythm. Give me a call at 580-4006 if you'd like to find out if our sounds are jampatable! Thanks. Tim

#59698 by BrianSpencer
Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 pm
Hi folks. I'm new around here-obviously. Nice to "meetchya'll"

I'm a 39 year old guitarist/songwriter who can sing a little bit. Currently not in a band, but I keep busy with a home studio project while I'm looking for the right fit for myself here in Ithaca, NY. Anyone curious just click the link in my signature and it'll take you to my page at reverbnation.

Blues is homebase for me, but I like to stretch out of it too.

At any rate-all the best to you all-I'll be seeing you around here!

#60018 by ratsass
Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:19 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Welcome: The accepted forum courtesy is to post some music on your site as soon as you are able. We are all users here, waiting for the next fix.

Hello all. I'm Jeff from the band Rat Sass (thus the screen name) from Ozark, Arkansas.. A friend told me about BandMix a while ago and I joined as a freebee just to check for local musicians. I get the occasional e-mail notification of new members in my area and check 'em out, but just checked out the forum a few days ago and I'm hooked! Some really good discussions (and a few lame ones that are still good for chuckles) on here. This PC I'm using is with Linux Ubuntu OS and I'm still working out some bugs in the audio department. My other (Windows based) PC bit the dust (motherboard fried) a while back so waiting to get another to put my hard drive in so as to get my existing music up on here so will remain a freebee until that time (why buy it if ya can't use it yet). Then I will subscribe and cram so much music down yer throats you'll be prayin' for my new PC to fry and take the hard drive with it. :lol: But, seriously, this has been one of the best and most fun forums I've ever visited and I'm looking forward to a long time of meeting new musicians, hearing their stories and their music, and getting and (hopefully) giving some good advice on all aspects of music.

Oh, and I like to use parenthesis (a lot).

#60585 by Crip2Nite
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 am
Hi everybody.... I haven't a clue as to what band I'm in as I change bands as quick as some do their skivvies... My old band broke up....ummm....wait... got a phone call... hey....might have a vocalist...my old band might be back together.... wait.... the guy can't make it this Friday...uh-oh.... the other guys are PISSED :x .... Oh well....at least I'm in my classic rock band... wait.... I introduced a few, newer, heavier songs into the act...classic rock bores the crap outta me...uh-oh... the guys in this band are PISSED :x .....I might be bandless again...wait... got a call from a well known indie recording artist last night that was very impressed with my skillz.... Maybe I'll give it a shot.... wait.... :roll:

#60617 by Andragon
Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm
It's a rollercoaster, but you love it, Crip and that's all that matters.

#61093 by Blade69
Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:21 pm
hey ya, well looks like a cool place to kick some new ground on?
yea, Guitarist, i know typical? and in California to boot !!
name, Blade, yea i know my Parents had a "Dull Sence of Humor" hahaha....
but cool to see some pretty cool people here!!
8)

#61297 by 69OysterBlue
Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:35 am
Hello All -

Jim, here . . contacting you from the home of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I am brand new to Band Mix and my first impression is that this is a great community of every kind of musician, representing every genre out there from just about everywhere. Extremely cool.

I am a drummer who has jumped back into playing after a fairly long hiaitus. Used to play in several bands in Michigan back in the 70's and 80's. I sat in with a band in the Bahamas last Fall and realized how much I loved & missed playing so I have dusted off the classic Ludwigs, bought a "new" set of vintage Slingerlands and started playing pretty much every day since.

I think I'm a better player now than I was in my teens and 20's - simply because I appreciate the details more now (rather than trying to be Keith Moon or Ginger Baker or Mitch Mitchell or John Bonham every time I sat down).

My wife thinks I'm into some kind of mid-life crisis thing but that would only be true if I live to be 106.

I am loving playing again and looking to get a "serious hobby band" together to play pretty much anything in the rock, jazz, fusion, blues - even C&W. Nice to know that you're all out there enjoying this too.

#62788 by GreatWhiteApe
Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:36 pm
Hello All,

My name is Nathan aka the Great White Ape (its a long story). I joined this site because I am looking to meet other musicians and to broaden my musical horizons. This seems to be just the place to do that.

I am at a beginner/intermediate level and am constantly learning more. Anyone who wants to know more about me and maybe get together can just contact me direct. I am very friendly and easy to get along with. I do want to start a band someday but for now I just want to jam and learn as much as I can.

The Great White Ape :twisted: