This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5948 by Melodic Insomnia
Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:47 pm
Jimmy Page was the most versatile guitar player of all on vinyl in the rock catagory. He may not have been the best in any one catagory, but he had amazing hooks, and studio savy. He covered about the whole spectrum of sound, and style. I mean when you consider a song like The Battle Of Evermore on the same album as "When The Levee Breaks". Or The Immigrant Song, contasting with Tangerine, on the 3rd album. or The Rainsong, with The Crunge, and Dancin' Days on Houses of the Holy, and it goes on, and on. The guy was genius. Zeppelins biggest knock was not being able to produce their studio sound live, but when the band was in a groove, and improvising on stage, they were about untouchable for a 4 piece band.

#5955 by Vocals & Bass
Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:32 pm
One Of The " BIG DOGs "

#6018 by mistermikev
Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:29 pm
yes page was able to play everything...
sloppily.
love page. love bonham, love plant, love jp jones... love zep.
just simply had a sloppy style. frankly zep was what I would call a studio band... a bunch of great studio musicians put together based on how great each member was... frankly, I think the other members (especially jp jones) made page sound a lot better than he actually was... IMO.

#6105 by Casey of Black Santa
Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:09 pm
i agree with mikeV. i mean really, what have the three remaining members of Zep done the past 20 somthing years? as a band they were good but as individual musicians they don't really seem to have the style that they had in Zep.

and personally, i can't stand Robert Plant. he was always in the way to me.