This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#59377 by ZXYZ
Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 am
Hey, I can play anything now.. I can sound like Steve Vai or Satrani if i wanna be... :D

#59382 by repressthecadence
Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:48 am
Andragon wrote:DragonFARTS, please.

Hahaha so true.

#59582 by ratsass
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 pm
Was reading on the net about recording tips and techniques and one writer touched on the subject of autotune and pitch correction. He said that some performers, when they hear their mistakes, just say, "Pro Tools it." and let it get fixed that way, while others want to sing it right on another take. He said that lots of times what they'll do is correct the mistakes and then play it back through the headphones while the performer records another take so that he is singing along with himself and it allows him to hit the right notes without using technology to fix the mistake. I guess alls fair in love, war and music. As far as the Jimmy Page thing, I never was a big Zep fan (although I am certainly old enough to have been), but I kinda liked the sloppiness of the "Heartbreaker" solo. I just got the feeling that he wanted it to sound that way, knowing that he had the technology and the talent to fix it if it needed fixin'. Sort of the same way that I always liked Ritchie Blackmore's sloppy style in Deep Purple. It just fit! But now, I REALLY like the (near) perfect playing (even live) that Steve Morse is doing with them.

#59607 by Hayden King
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:25 am
fisherman bob wrote:Wow, the ultimate cover band. Never a wrong note, always perfect timing. All imperfections corrected. Why bother playing an instrument or singing at all? You can play everything with perfection. This completely eliminates the need for creativity. It's all done for you in a box. Totally sterile music. I can get rid of all my equipment, quit singing, and have the "magic box" replace me. A miracle of modern science. What wonders will we think of next? Maybe now we won't have to think at all. Maybe all our body functions will soon be performed for us. Think how much money we can save. A technological revolution in music, makes me obsolete. Awesome....

OK, now I know your a bonafied member of The New World Order! :twisted:

www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
www.myspace.com/445175001
http://ezfolk.com/audio/bands/6039/

"my dog is a bitch"