This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20980 by edo69
Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm
yea yea grumble grumble!, im still going on about no one replying. maybe its cos i suck. maybe you could help me out and have a listen to some tunes. search for devolution or edo69. the first 10 tunes is what im going for at mo. let me know what you think

nice ome edo69

#20993 by Crip2Nite
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:34 pm
LOL :lol:

#21003 by neanderpaul
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 pm
edo69, your track "make up my mind" is a fun song!

#21013 by gbheil
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:17 pm
Sounds like you have a talent. Way too folksy for my taste but thats just me! Have some faith in what your doing and send out a buttload of e-mails.

#21025 by RhythmMan
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:25 pm
I listened to 'Hole in the Earth,' & 'I Blew In.'
Nice music, nicely performed, although I thought the vocals in 'Hole in the Earth" could use a little work.
This is good pub music, and would probably do well in festivals, too.
You can make money playing that stuff . . .
But I think there are a lot of people on this site who go more for music that is loud and distorted.
You keep playing what you're playing . . .

#57968 by Andragon
Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:53 pm
Happy music lol nice. I was kinda surprised to see "Iron Maiden" in the influences section though :shock:

#58034 by philbymon
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:38 pm
edo - your stuff is gonna attract a lot of ppl. I like it, but you hafta remember that it's sort of specialized stuff, & won't attract many mainstream musicians. I hope you aren't limiting your search by looking for only the young musos. There are likely many experienced players who would like to join in on it all. I'd look for Celtic musicians by going to the many outdoor festivals & such, & see what could be found there, if I were in your shoes. Check out music stores & teachers, too.

Pass out your CD demos to players every chance you get, with your phone # on 'em.

Your music is fun, simple, & clever. Don't give up.

#58241 by ETRPT
Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm
I think it's kinda fun.

I can tell you do lots of pot.

#58248 by Starfish Scott
Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm
RENAISSANCE FAIR! LOL

#58314 by Matt_Darcy
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm
Hey Edo69 - I know we've spoke and met before about doing something, I like your stuff, and you do it well, it's just not my personal taste to enjoy playing, and it is quite a small zone in the area we live, which is dominated by more "main" music.

I have problems finding people too, I think we are just in an area that is not a big pusher of local live music at the moment so people are being fussy about what they play and who they play with (myself included).

Keep with it, you'll get responses.

I've stopped paying for this site as it's a waste of money - so I do feel your pain, but I am meeting more people in my area via other methods, and that seems more fruitful.
#58970 by Mark Phillips
Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:29 pm
Hello from England Ed,
I particularly liked 'Sailaway'... but now the one after that 'Truest' is playing and I think I like it more... or maybe your stuff is growing on me as I listen.
Now In Times of War... equally good, and as I spend most mornings drinking coffee in a Turkish cafe the rythm and tempo have strong images of Turkish cappuccino and olives to me.
Heart Working/Heart Stops: I love the unbalanced phrasing of the chorus.

You know, I know almost nothing about what does and what doesn't have any commercial viability, but I would say yours is the most interesting music I have found on this site.
I imagine it as acompanying music for a film perhaps.
Thanks Ed,
Mark.....................