This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#5741 by Irminsul
Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:38 pm
Yep, there goes a piece of my adolescence. I saw Boston live, twice, back in 1977 and 1978. Delp was an amazing vocalist and performer, and I'm told one hell of a nice guy.

He will sure be missed.
#5747 by gexclamationpoint
Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:14 pm
Vocals & Bass wrote:And, Chris Cornell.

this may just as well be a rumor, but you never know..

i heard that audioslave broke up because chris cornell wanted 50% of the band's profits, and he wanted the other 3 members to split the remaining 50%.

i really hope thats not true. otherwise, music is in a sad state these days.
#6409 by andyman1970
Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 am
AnotherDrummer wrote:One of the best rock vocalists ever.

' Nuff said

#9193 by MacLeod
Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:40 pm
very average indeed, typical of the 90s grunge rockers, they all sound the same

#9450 by PhrAiLGuitarist
Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:58 pm
MacLeod wrote:very average indeed, typical of the 90s grunge rockers, they all sound the same

MacLeod: I think you need to change your name to pessimistic, lol. I've seen 2 of your posts so far and you've nothing but negative opinions to matter-of-factly spout. You mean to tell me that Kurt Cobain, Lane Staley and Chris Cornell all sounded the same!? :lol: They all sound the same to you because you don't like the music. What genre are you the most into? Blues? Imagine if someone said "[y]eah, typical of blues guitarists, they all sound the same." You'd have an aneurism and probably blast that person for their ignorant perspective and lack of willingness to let their ears discover the difference between individual styles. What you're saying is essentially like someone comparing SRV to BB King and Eric Clapton. Maybe I'm wrong but you seem awefully pigeonholed and stuck in whatever genre of music you're into. Geez, learn to lighten up. You just might discover that there's a whole world of other music out there that you might *possibly* enjoy! Maybe I'm wrong and if so, then please give me a reason to think otherwise. Just what DO you like, anyway? lol.

Chris Cornell WAS an amazing vocalist when he was with Soundgarden. His stuff in Audioslave sounded like he was just talking into the microphone. Perhaps it was just production but I could never get into his Audioslave style of vocals. He could really belt out some notes back in the Soundgarden days.

-Stephen

#13434 by ROCKSTAR2007
Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:17 pm
ONE OF THE BEST VOCALIST ON THE PLANET AND ONE OF MY FAVORITES.
#13435 by Vocals & Bass
Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 pm
g! wrote:
Vocals & Bass wrote:And, Chris Cornell.

this may just as well be a rumor, but you never know..

i heard that audioslave broke up because chris cornell wanted 50% of the band's profits, and he wanted the other 3 members to split the remaining 50%.

i really hope thats not true. otherwise, music is in a sad state these days.
And so it should be. Cornel is one of the greatest rock vocalist of all time, Let alone, His writing ability & guitar. Just like the vocalist for NickelBack.

#13436 by Vocals & Bass
Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:41 pm
MacLeod wrote:very average indeed, typical of the 90s grunge rockers, they all sound the same
Not true, All bands are unique with their own style. Grunge bands do not sound the same, May resemble each other. Metal, Rock, Country, Classic, etc. Its different styles of music, period. And do not sound the same....Peace.

#13452 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:27 pm
uggghh did someone burp out the word, "nicklebag"? lol

#13453 by Vocals & Bass
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:16 pm
Captian, I dont think you THINK! about what you are saying before you speak. I am sure that you mean well, And have good intentions. Sarcasim, Joking, etc. Is something you should work on. Remember, Everything you do & say relates to music, If your a musician, And want, To bring out the best with ones talent. Let alone, Get any where in the music industry. I dont mean to be an ass, But I say it as I see it. Good Luck Bub....VB.

#13455 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 pm
You are entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine.

AS another bandmix member says, "if you are insulted by what I say, you are easily insulted".

Grow a set and join the adult population. No one agrees with everything all the time. Just like you can't please everyone, all the time.

I don't care what you think one way or another. How's that grab you?

Not looking to start something, just telling it like it is. Politically correct is a state of mind I don't care to have. If that bugs you refer to the quote.

Otherwise, you are free to say whatever you want. If you think I will curb my tongue as "it bothers your dainty palate", go have a good cry and take 2 Midol. Do not call me in the am, as I don't give a fat crap one way or another.

"Without freedom of expression, good taste means nothing." Neil Young

So before I really get rude, go take yourself back to whatever preachy pulpit you came from and leave me alone or I WILL turn my unblinking 3rd eye to focus on you. Was I absolutely clear? GOOD, and have a nice day.

PS: Aside from that, I looked for your music on site, there was none. Went to your my space page looking for music, there was none. Why do you think this is? Did I miss it or?

#13456 by Vocals & Bass
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:06 pm
I am so sorry, I didnt realize how intelligent & talented you are. Its very clear that you are a professional musician, For all to see. Your music reveals that. (By the way), How is Zack & Ozzy doing? If you would, Could you get me an autographed picture. I cant believe the contacts that you have already aquired at the ripe young age of 12yrs. old. I will not reply to any of your posts or threads again. You are way out of my league.