This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#34200 by jw123
Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:38 pm
This is for George or whoever else is looking or likes Les Pauls. These are my 3 babies. I know Crip likes Pauls also, so he might get a kick out of these.

The Lizard is a 1972 Gold Top that someone butchered up and put humbuckers in. A friend of mine at a music store restored it to close to new conditions a few years ago. The story on the Lizard is the music store my buddy worked in had an iguana that just lounged around the store. You would lean up against the counter and all of the sudden realize there was a 4 ft lizard looking at you. Scared the hell out of my kids at the time. Anyway they had a guy who paints cars paint the lizard on the guitar. The lizard has died at this point and the last time I saw the store owner he asked if I would sell the guitar back. I dont hardly ever use this guitar cause the big single P-90 pickups are just too noisy for the way I set the gain up on my amps. Occasionally I get my old Sunn Amp out and hook this guitar thru a tube screamer, it gets those AC/DC rythym sounds and also that Leslie West Miss Queen sound. Its a heavy guitar! But the neck plays like butter.

The cherry sunburst is a 1960 Classic Reissue. This has been my go to guitar for years. I bought it in 92 when I was playing a couple of nights a week. I imagine it has around 500 gigs on it. I love it, it has a very slim neck at the 1st position and is slim all the way to the butt of the guitar body. It has very hot pickups. This is a very ballsy sounding guitar. Most people that own these Im told change the pickups to something a little more mellow and with a smoother taper. I like the way it can slam the preamp of and amp. This guitar taught me how to roll off the control knobs and use the guitar for the tone. I played Strats before I had this one and I would just basically turn them all the way up. This guitar taught me moderation. The original Page replicas are basically this guitar with push pull pots on the controls to coil tap the pickups and put them out of phase. I really wanted the Page guitar but even I couldnt justify the price they asked for those. Looking at their values now I kinda wish I had bit the bullet on those.

The black Les Paul is an 04 model 1960 Classic Reissue. Should be just like the other one but its not. I feel the quaility on this guitars build is not as good as the other one. Also the necks are totally different. This guitars neck is thicker and wider feeling in the 1st position. It plays good and is fast but there is a huge difference to me in the feel of the neck. I took a chance and bought this guitar sight unseen off of e-bay. I got lucky, a pawnshop had it and the pictures made it look horrible. I took it apart, cleaned and polished it, had a friend set the neck, I cant stand the sound of adjusting a truss rod, and it plays great. I am planning on useing this as my main live guitar and probably leave the cherry Paul at home. I have a black Strat, so I will have a couple of Black guitars to play. I guess you could say Im back in black.

#34218 by mistermikev
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:01 pm
wow the lizard is cool but it actually devalues the gtr. the painter appears to know exactly what he's doing... nice work. p-90's (single coil bliss) are awesome for that rock-a-billy sound, but if you don't like them... dimarzio makes a dual coil version of the p-90 that is bad-ass and cancels noise -it's a direct replacement (no routing required).
you could wire em in no sweat (I'd be happy to draw a schematic for you if you go this route). all you'd need is a $25 trip to radio shack for a soldering iron/ flux/ and solder. If you like the way it plays... you'd do well to get it sounding the way you like too.
just some thoughts... (oh yeah, the classic custom and 60 reissue are nice as well - I'm a sucker for the custom... just don't quite have $2500 saved up yet!)

#34296 by gbheil
Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:39 pm
Really nice set of guitars! I fell in love with a Goddess! I played her head to head against against another Gibson thru a big Marshall amp in the store. Its a 9/10s scale Les Paul, one tone control, one volume control and the three way switch. I can easly incircle the neck in the first position with my thumb and forefinger. Though the frets are spaced fairly close together especialy at #12 and above. It works well with my small hands and short thumb. Action is very low and smooth. Ice burst paint job is plain, but I am really starting to like it a lot. If I were a little more puter savy I'd put up some pics.

#34311 by gbheil
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:35 pm

#34312 by gbheil
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:36 pm
aw crap!

#34313 by gbheil
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:45 pm

#34314 by gbheil
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:45 pm
I give up! Sorry guys.

#34451 by gbheil
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:56 pm
Finally!

#34452 by gbheil
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:58 pm
WTF?
[img][img]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm74/sanshouheil/gunsandguitars001.jpg[/img][/img]

#38056 by gbheil
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm
Aw man she must be kin to me :lol:

#48055 by .APPLE.
Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:22 pm
is anyone selling a gibson les paul studio or a les paul under £1000? contact me if u are, thanks.

#55283 by Frayedknot
Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:22 am
.APPLE. wrote:is anyone selling a gibson les paul studio or a les paul under £1000? contact me if u are, thanks.

Most of my Les Pauls are under 9 pounds. I know, stupid Americans, what kind of humor did you expect ?

#55314 by jw123
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:26 pm
Latest Les Paul 1993 Les Paul Studio in wine red.

This is my singers guitar and he wants me to play it this coming weekend.

#55320 by philbymon
Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:52 pm
Frayedknot wrote:Most of my Les Pauls are under 9 pounds. I know, stupid Americans, what kind of humor did you expect ?

All of the LP's I've played felt like a millstone around my neck. Almost as bad as that old Peavey T-40 bass I had for awhile. Don't like swinging anvils around on stage.