This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#47781 by Andragon
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:16 am
Cognition wrote:I'm into mellow-Indie (no, I'm not gay :) )

hahaha good to know :?

#47833 by fisherman bob
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Not that there's anything wrong if you were gay....

#47839 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 pm
LOL Just don't tell anyone in an overly persuasive way and don't let it interfere with the music.

THEN it might be ok.

#47865 by Larry_K
Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:21 pm
Hey john, thanks for welcome, comments, and taking the time to do both! I'll put some newer stuff up on my pages soon. Hopefully I'll have time to get busy in the studio again after the holidays are behind us... Lot's of works in progress and never enough time to make them "done" if you know what I mean.

#48952 by Mark Phillips
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 pm
Hello Paul,
I was very interested to read your entry as it sounds like we are doing slightly similar things... I too am setting up a home studio to make a CD of my songs.
I have made a first CD two years back of my very early songs from my teens, and it was good to revisit and get that off my chest but now I want to see what I sound like today.
I am 52 now and was in bands from 15 to 25 then in flying till a bad car crash ended my flying career in 1994 at 38 years old.
So now returning afresh and really loving it all too.

I couldn't get your three songs on your profile to play at all so I followed that link you gave and went through your CD online.
I had several favourites, though I wasn't taking notes of names; I was often reminded of some of Cohen's more recent work... your voice perhaps?

I have a few of my songs on my profile too Paul; these were all dining room table jobs as I have just started to set up my workshop studio ready to start playing in there when it warms up in the spring.

I cannot play drums yet, but I have just swindled my mate out of his Trapps electric set and it is sitting there ready to be plumbed in to a couple of amps when he turns up again.

I would like to hear more of how it goes for you Paul, as I am just at the outset myself... if a little long in the tooth to be at the outset of anything, but I feel like it is all just starting!

Best wishes from Mark in Sussex England............

#48953 by Mark Phillips
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 pm
Sorry guys!
I think I somehow posted my reply into the wrong thread!
Mark................

#48954 by Mark Phillips
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:59 pm
Hello Paul,
I was very interested to read your entry as it sounds like we are doing slightly similar things... I too am setting up a home studio to make a CD of my songs.
I have made a first CD two years back of my very early songs from my teens, and it was good to revisit and get that off my chest but now I want to see what I sound like today.
I am 52 now and was in bands from 15 to 25 then in flying till a bad car crash ended my flying career in 1994 at 38 years old.
So now returning afresh and really loving it all too.

I couldn't get your three songs on your profile to play at all so I followed that link you gave and went through your CD online.
I had several favourites, though I wasn't taking notes of names; I was often reminded of some of Cohen's more recent work... your voice perhaps?

I have a few of my songs on my profile too Paul; these were all dining room table jobs as I have just started to set up my workshop studio ready to start playing in there when it warms up in the spring.

I cannot play drums yet, but I have just swindled my mate out of his Trapps electric set and it is sitting there ready to be plumbed in to a couple of amps when he turns up again.

I would like to hear more of how it goes for you Paul, as I am just at the outset myself... if a little long in the tooth to be at the outset of anything, but I feel like it is all just starting!

Best wishes from Mark in Sussex England............
#49095 by Hamsher52
Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:31 pm
Hello, The name is Joe and I have been coming to this site for awhile now and just found this forum page. So I just wanted to drop everyone a line and say hello, I'm from Dover, Ohio play bass guitar and rhythm guitar. Just checking if any other band peoples live around my area.

I've played in Church worship teams and also two other bands (never went anywhere, were with my friends mostly). Would love to start something and see where it goes.

#49190 by Mark Phillips
Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am
Hello Joe,
I started reading your mail, and it caught my eye that you are from Dover, and I straightaway thought, "Hey that's not too far from me!", then noticed Dover Ohio, which is around a million miles from the Dover I know in Kent!

Going in and out of bands soon gets to be something we visit periodically through our lives; often left with the sense that that one never went anywhere, while this might have but it all happened at the wrong time etc.

This site is a nice place to find people with the same aspirations, and similar histories.
It is easy to spend years in and out of music, but feel at the end you have little to show for it; I suppose the journey is the thing? Also for me now with a scrounged Tascam recorder, it is good to have some songs I wrote and recorded on my own... stuff I can say, however bad some think it is, it was me at that time.
The best is always yet to do!
Mark..............
Sussex England.

#49208 by David Bradley Shirran
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:54 pm
Hi Joe!
It is surprising the number of people who have started, like myself, singing and or playing in some sort of church group. It's not that often that one hears of it anymore. Oddly enough, a lot of the more popular (and famous) artists of the 50's got their start that way. I myself am 42 and have been playing for nearly 30 years. While I no longer participate in a church or choral group, I do have some fond memories of those performances, and the experience gained from those early sessions has stayed with me throughout my musical life.

Welcome to the forum. How about it folks, anyone else out there with similar early experiences? Let's hear about them!

D.B.
(HownDawg)

#49287 by Hamsher52
Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:11 pm
Hey thanks for dropping me a line guys! And yeah Mark I think my Dover is alittle ways across the pond :) Compared to the one you were thinking of!

And HownDawg, yeah I enjoyed playing but then things fell apart and well, just had a falling out and now i just play when I can. I have wrote and recorded some songs with one of my friends who has a make shift studio in his house.

I think I have 5 songs wrote, but kind of have slacked since my friend is now in a band of his own...but I guess I will just have to keep pluggin away until something happens!

#50890 by Mahly
Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 am
Hey Guys,
New here (obviously LOL) and just wanted to get the introduction out of the way.
I'll be posting a couple of threads to help me decide what I am really looking for here. I mean, I don't think I'm ready to actually play live for anything but friends, and I am THINKING that playing with others (vs, playing along to recorded music) might actually help me learn quicker.

NOTE: Most of the vids on my page are from about 8-10 months ago...I have only been playing for about 12 months, but I just haven't gotten around to updating any of the vids. So don't tear me up too bad on those...heck for 2-4 moths playing, I thought they were good (Yes, I know better now LOL!!!).

#55207 by Tuwakaloft
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:32 pm
Were the band TUWAKALOFT from Kansas, were new to Bandmix also. We found this site by accident. We searched the want adds for a new drummer, and found one in two days. We are going to stick around for a while, too see what happens. So far so good...

#55379 by gbheil
Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:15 pm
Welcome: The accepted forum courtesy is to post some music on your site as soon as you are able. We are all users here, waiting for the next fix.
#55654 by M67
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:34 am
Hi all,

MCB67 here, first time posting.

I've been slinking around this forum for a while but I never really felt the urge to comment on anything. However, it only seems right for me to at least introduce myself, especially since I get such a kick out of reading some of the more interesting posts around here. Some of you guys are gifted comedians. :lol:

I joined BandMix primarily to find other musicians in my area to jam with, but that really hasn't amounted to anything as of yet. I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

In the meantime, I'll try to get involved in some of the discussions around here and maybe even make some new friends.

Catch ya later................................