This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1589 by Releasefromwithin
Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:14 pm
Anyone using one of these? I have an old Peavey MACE head that weighs about 50 pounds that seems to be on it's last legs. I've been looking at the Powerblock but I'm worried it won't be loud enough. I run my Peavey through a Marshall 4/12 and it's sickening how loud that it.....it almost drowns our a drumset. I'm not concerned about that with the PB, just loud enough to compete and cut through. I'd be pairing it up with a Line 6 POD XT Live.

#1658 by Blashyrk
Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:14 am
I got a Crate Powerblock, it's basically a 1 channel head, 150 watts mono 75 stereo. I use digitech death metal distortion through it. I got a legion 2x12 cab with a rating of 170 watts (320 peak) im playing it through mono, and it gets LOUD. it's mainly a head that you use pedals, multi effect pedals and modelers through. it'll go loud with a 4x12.

#1660 by OIRAM
Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:25 pm
They have it in a music shop near me and They let me turn it up shortly before they closed and the guy from the place next door told us to turn it down.It was rattling the wall on the other side. We also had thre effects pedals hooked up to it. It sounded pretty good after a few adjustments. :lol:

#1663 by Releasefromwithin
Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:32 pm
I picked one up yesterday but haven't been able to check it out in a band situation yet but man, this thing is LOUD!!! I bought a Line 6 Flextone 2/12 cabinet to go with it and with the POD....this thing is excellent.

Thanks for the responses!

#1677 by OIRAM
Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:34 pm
Wicked,I am glad you enjoy it. :twisted:

#3586 by Mark Dark
Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:40 pm
The Power Block is an awsome little head.. but don't pay high Music Store prices for one. Musician's Friend has them on sale for $99.
#5293 by ibanez470
Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:10 am
i bought one and liked it very much until i turned it up past the halfway mark and the power protection circut shut it down on me took it back a week later its great for a cheap practice head