This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#51973 by fretwork
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:54 pm
celticpiping wrote:I was playing with my new Presonus box :)

Rich

Rich if I may call you by your first name, beautiful enchanting melody on the first track, closed my eyes and got transported in my mind to a Glen surrounded by green.
The other two tracks are good but I enjoyed your pipes on first and last track mostly.

I should not engage in critique the sound but here I go anyway, if you can find different settings with the IQ for your pipes to attenuate the piercing effect you’d have better quality IMO.

Hope in future tracks you’ll include those Irish hand drums (don’t know the name) love the rhythm and sound of those drums.
Good Luck.

#51979 by AlexanderN
Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:45 pm
celticpiping
The first track is absolutely wonderful - it transported me to Europe. Worthy of a movie score type thing.

The second tack was unexpected after the first one. :) I was ready for some more. Nice pro - mixing and good playing IMO it ends rather abruptly, perhaps that is "by design"

What kind of acoustic are you using on the third track?

The last track (one you say is not finished) that took me right in to medieval times (heavy metal heads take notes!). It paints the castles and green landscapes of Europe.

Good job. Let us know what you

#51981 by TheCaptain
Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:01 pm
Fretdoode: "Hope in future tracks you’ll include those Irish hand drums (don’t know the name) love the rhythm and sound of those drums"

Yeah, if I can get my butt in gear, I'll begin some composition...now that I have a new interface, maybe it'l be more a reality.
EQ: honestly, I haven't so far, done anything to tweak much of the sound I'm capturing, cause I don't feel like I've yet got anything full length/ worthy of too much attention.
But, in the future, I'd like to have 'my own sound' as far as the pipes..
and hopefully, it will be pleasing.

Alex doode: to be fair, my wife wrote the melody: I just played some pipes along :) It was intended for an Easter theater piece...and might get there someday!
She's a great composer...

That take a dip tune is a really old jam I did..it consists of a 1989 Ibanez RG550, played through a Zoom 2020 player, and a semi lame drum loop...and a bass.
The third track is my Larrivee D-05: for both parts, believe it or not.
I recorded that directly into a fostex VF-160EX that I no longer own.
I'm not sure how I got that nylonish sound, except that I probably picked near the fretboard..

Preciate the comments fellas.
As yet, I'm not in a band so I'm not postign anythgin that really gets played out perse, but I'm having fun & if I give you lads a yuk, or help ya to relax a bit then it's time well spent.

I'll see what elseI can cook up with the Presonus!
:)
R

#52058 by philbymon
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 pm
Nice, piperman! The 1st & last are bee-yoo-tee-full! You're a very good player. Hope you can get that band offa da ground.

Some day I'm gonna sit my butt down & try my hand at some Celtickly-influenzed stuff. It can't be that hard, 1/2 of me comes from Celtic stock!

I figger if Donovan Leech could do it with "Intergalactic Laxative," just about anyone could, right?

:wink:

#52062 by TheCaptain
Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:39 pm
JoshDoode:

My Presonus is the USB version...Windoze Vista(sadly)
But it does work: that is after I shoehorned the ASIO drivers to work with it...
I think if I had a good soundcard, it'd be quieter..probably firewire would have been nice, but I didn't have that at the timeof purchase.

PhilbyDoode:
Yeah, Celtic stuff is a breeze, as long as you have the right ingredients> 1 part Guinness, 2 parts talented composer wife, some cool instruments
:)

#52065 by Kramerguy
Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm
Hey Celtic,
Loved that first tune. The world needs more of that.

#52074 by TheCaptain
Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm
thanks mate.
I'll see what I can do!

:D