This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#51388 by Andragon
Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 pm
Not bad actually. You played a pretty heavy version of that song lol

#51390 by Crip2Nite
Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm
I don't know how long I'll last in a "Classic" Rock Venue.... I don't play nicey nice :twisted:

#51666 by Kramerguy
Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:26 pm
Nice Crip- If you gotta play that song (I can't stand playing it anymore), then WTH, do it up. Next time I have to play it, I'm gonna do a Yngwie impersonation, LOL.

#51687 by Crip2Nite
Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:30 pm
Ya think that's bad??. You gotta see the abomination I make of our "Cream" tunes! I was told that I'm not supposed to use Satriani licks in "White Room" but it is ohhh so much fun.... Lot's of wah wah in that tune... even when Clapton does it!

#51734 by fisherman bob
Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:12 am
You gotta admire somebody who plays a cover tune any way they want to.

#51769 by Jessica M
Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:27 pm
fisherman bob wrote:You gotta admire somebody who plays a cover tune any way they want to.

Only if it is played well.

#51798 by gtZip
Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 pm
You should do a really bad version of 'The Final Countdown' :wink:

#51816 by gbheil
Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:06 am
The original was bad enough!
Saw this VH1 thingy on TV the other nite. Was a count down of the top 100 heavy rock songs. Hosted by Bret Michales of Poison.(what a dirt bag)
Anyway as I ignored the rampantly fornicacious advertisements I caught some really good music and mucical history.
Was interesting how when a band would implode one or two new bands would form from the members.
The family tree of rock is quite complex and interwoven. And I note the great percentageof rockers lost in action was due to alcohol and drug abuse.
A lesson to be learned by those smart enough to see it.
#51856 by Captain Howdy
Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:54 pm
I have seen Yngwie back in the 80's and once again in the 90's. I left the show half way through both times because it does get boring. BUT I can appreciate what he does in small doses. I really like the album he did when Joe Lynn Turner was singing for Yngwie. Check out this song. Very bluesie without being blues.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW8fi8z5C8

Now if you want a guitarist with music that comes from the soul, here you go.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_YMLDvvnw

#51901 by racefanrob
Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:14 am
. . . I'm a Creedence Man ?
gimme Lynyrd Skynyrd ! . . .

I do appreciate ability though . . . amaizing riffs.

"Brown Sugar" . . . now there's a catchy tune . . .

#51908 by ZXYZ
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:38 am
Malmsteen or Vai? I'll pick Vai everytime.
Anybody ever seen the movie "Crossroads"? It's a musicians' "must-see".
(It's the one with Steve Vai in it, not the other one..) 1986 I think.

#51920 by Black57
Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:52 am
Personally, ofr the record, I'm a Pat Matheny girl. But a totally different genre there. But, Pat Matheny rocks...he even looks like a rocker.

#51929 by fisherman bob
Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:14 am
Jessica M wrote:
fisherman bob wrote:You gotta admire somebody who plays a cover tune any way they want to.

Only if it is played well.

I almost don't care if it's played well (Crip plays them all well). Just the fact that somebody is trying something creative and not playing it the same way I've heard it a thousand times before makes it better IMO.

#51986 by Andragon
Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:33 pm
ZXYZ wrote:Malmsteen or Vai? I'll pick Vai everytime.
Anybody ever seen the movie "Crossroads"? It's a musicians' "must-see".
(It's the one with Steve Vai in it, not the other one..) 1986 I think.

Not the one with Ry Cooter? (sp?)

#51995 by gtZip
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:01 pm
Yes, the one with Ry Cooder. And the Karate Kid.
I love that movie. I used to be able to play the karate kids part of the cuttinheads showdown. ...back before that incident with the gopher.