This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#50530 by Deirdre746
Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:02 pm
About Me:
DO YOU WANNA RIDE?
WWW.RED-RIDE.COM

I’m a singer/songwriter and devotee of Soul/ Funk and Jazz. Seeking keyboards, background vocals, sax, bass, drums, guitar.

Originally had a 9 piece band but ego’s, jail-time (no- not me) and no- focus got in the way. Nevertheless I ‘m starting over and seeking new band members who can switch from soul to swing. Preferably: keyboards, saxor trumpet, bass (electric & upright), drums (and percussion instruments), guitar (electric & acoustic).

I like to rehearse once a week, preferably at “The Studio” or UltraSound on W. 30th Street. Rehearsals are usually split evenly depending on the musicians in attendance so having a day job would be fantabulous!

Goals:
• Create w/talented musicians
• Work on original music ( few covers)
• Play out 2-3 times a week
• Re-build fan base
• Record 2nd CD-(Original tunes only- 2009
• Jazz festivals/tour 2009

If interested check out my abovementioned influences to get a feel for where my head/heart is at. Let me know of your availability and I will send you a set-list and audition dates. You can shoot me an e-mail. Thanks!