This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#47793 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:33 am
Sounds like NIN
#47818 by fretwork
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:34 pm
wallpunch wrote:ive been reading this forum for a while and see that there are some good musical opinions on here. ive been working on this project for a bit with a good friend of mine and we think we may be on to something. would love for some opinions. please check out my page and let me know what you think!

Very cool stuff, without passport or plain ticket your music took me to a place that I never been before, for me it's an A for originality and production, although IMO the first and last track need to be accompanied by some sort of images to make these tracks more valid in the mind of a lay listener, for some seasoned musician those tracks do stand on their own I'm sure, they worked for me.

Good Luck.

#47843 by Starfish Scott
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:35 pm
originality?

Are we talking about the same music here?

#48022 by ThomFrazier
Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:16 am
wallpunch wrote:thanks everyone for the comments. It's terribly hard producing something thats new so every comment is a big help in refining the songs. these demos are very (VERY) rough. the cd is progressing nicely, when you mentioned special market philbymon, we are actually targeting the surround sound listeners with this stuff. we have been working on doing mixes in stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 surround, and the results so far are very exciting. Next up is to find a label to set up a distribution deal with and put a band together and start doing this stuff live! fun times.

thanks for all the words guys

1st you have a great attitude when being given criticism. That shows a willingness to learn and humility, definitely two things IMO that are critical in becoming a better musician.
2nd I listened to it. I love Heavy Metal but my ear is never bias. I used to love that type of sound, the 1st song does a bit like an 80's new wave with a punch of industrial without being too much of one or the other. I really like that mix of styles good job. If that is you singing you have a good voice and it should be in front a bit more.
The second song is not my bag and couldn't get into it but with a better production it should be great live.
The third song (the begining) reminded me of a song I just did called "SOULLESS" but cooled off into a nice mellow feel. You might want to rethink some of the songs to add some buildup. That last song would have been very good IMO if you had a strong build up and added some strength to your voice and music to accentuate it and bring the listener emotionally with you, sometimes if it is a sad song about love then the build up will make the listener FEEL the song and what you are telling them.

Ok enough about that, I ain't no professional musician but I am a professional listener and like to sing and record like I am bringing the person into my song.

Good job overall man. Keep me posted on your journey.

\m/ HAIL! \m/

#48181 by wallpunch
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 am
Capt. Scott wrote:originality?

Are we talking about the same music here?

see at first i was tempted to leave this alone, but i have observed that you are an ass in pretty much every thread you write in, so please, enlighten me with your jam band wisdom, what is your beef?

#48716 by wallpunch
Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:49 am
posted a new song on my myspace. www.myspace.com/wallpunch. very happy to finally have a good guitar driven track (december demo). my harddrive failed and i need to recover all the files for the cd ive been working on which is not a fun situation to say the lease but what can you do.

#48741 by gbheil
Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:36 pm
Hello wallpunch.
I detest myspace. (despit the fact our band has one)
It would be awsome if you have the time to upload your tunes here on Bandmix. I am too lazy to chase all over the net.
Best of luck.
George NKF

#48768 by Andragon
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm
wallpunch wrote:http://www.myspace.com/wallpunch

When you're posting links, forget bout the grammar. No punctuation around the link or it'll mess it up.

Anyways, I like it. It's true that it's not groundbreaking though. Totally unexpected solo in the middle haha. Nicely done, wallpunch.