This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#45646 by JohnH
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:59 pm
same here. loads of emails, very few replies. Then when they do reply, and I reply back - zip. the end.

really frustrating.

However - one plus point - the first bloke who did reply is now in my new band :)

#46044 by Chippy
Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 am
People don't respond for one simple reason.

They are ignorant.

#46840 by ANDY LAYTON-JAMES
Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:29 am
I think some are rude but also some are just not up to scratch !!
I also believe that a lot read your profile get jealous and then either slate you or as you said dont reply!...
Look at this way if you get a POSITIVE response act on them the others are EMO's WANKERS JERKS whatever thinking they are good when they really need to honestly listen to themselves!!
I get e-mails telling me how to sing how I should have done the track on my profile etc
I was told to make my mind up once!!
But they are missing the point of WHY I am on here!
ERM I AM A PRO I GET PAID TO DO VOCALS ON OTHER PEOPLES TRACKS!
I guess its what you make of it or how you look at it?
Shrug it off and hope something good comes along!!

#46852 by RhythmMan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 am
In any given week, I may meet one or two dozen new real musicians on MySpace. You know - the kind of musicians who are selling CDs . . . or at least gigging . . .
See my MySpace page . . .
And - I am in constant contact with every single one of the top 40 people on my main page. The top 10 - 20 or so really are friends, if you know what I mean . . .
But they live all over the world . . . not much help for assembling a band . . .
Here on Bandmix - I may meet 3 - 4 new musicians in a week. They exchange a few comments - then they're gone forever, pretty much. And - they live all over the place - I've maybe seen 1 or two people from my state who even bother to post anything at all . . .
On the other hand . . .
When I hit open mikes looking for personel, I meet about 5 -6 new and legitimate musicians every week.
And - I meet about 50 musicians or singers face - to face every week.
Now, of those 3 sources, which one do you think will give me the greatest chance of forming a group?
People - don't wait for your ship to come in. Get in a fricking rowboat, and row out to meet it.
Geez - stop dreaming . . . and start taking action . . .

#46858 by neanderpaul
Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:28 pm
RhythmMan_BluesRockFolk wrote:.
People - don't wait for your ship to come in. Get in a fricking rowboat, and row out to meet it.
Geez - stop dreaming . . . and start taking action . . .

BAM!

#46897 by RhythmMan
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:50 pm
:)

#46902 by gbheil
Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:46 pm
Hell thats how the German half of my family got to America.
Row boat to steamship. The ol boy had a dream and was willin to die to make it happen.
#47835 by Mark Phillips
Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:15 pm
edo69 wrote:i am a paying customer of this site and i have sent many emails to people but had little responce, now this could be down to rudeness or because only a few actualy pay the subcription fee. i was wondering how other people were getting on.

Hello from Mark in Sussex,
I have just joined, and being dim didn't notice the site was primarily for the folks across the pond; anyway, I am just starting to put on a few pictures and a couple of songs to give an idea who I am and what I am doing.
A couple of my songs might be thought to have folk tones I am told... see what you think?
Cheers,
Mark D Phillips............