This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#44558 by Hayden King
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 pm
I think they're really "musician killers"
the fact is the crowd loves em. even fukn cocain!
we're just sick of both playing, and hearing em!

till our fingers bleed

#44559 by Hayden King
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:14 pm
I think they're really "musician killers"
the fact is the crowd loves em. even fukn cocain!
we're just sick of both playing, and hearing em!

BUT HERE'S THE THING;
they'll like whatever you play if you play it well! nobody gives them credit for having taste; a cover band in Cinci played nothing but B-side and album songs (never a top 40) and they packed every room in the area for the 7 years they were together. by far the most successful cover band I ever heard of!
And the same goes for original songs; when you play originals in your set, they always get more request than any other songs!

till our fingers bleed

#44573 by thesystemhasfailed
Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 pm
the biggest crowd killer in live performance

inagodadavida!

#44578 by manf
Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm
lol house of the rising sun was the very first song i learned when i was just 10 years old, im 40 now lol oh and still playing guitar btw :wink:

#44851 by fisherman bob
Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:27 am
I've played some cover tunes that I thought were awful (like Cocaine) and the crowd just loved it. I thought we even did a bad version of it (it's hard to imagine a worse version than Clapton's) but the crowd STILL loved it. We used to play two songs back-to-back years ago called The Crawl and The Walk (I don't even know who did the original versions) and I COULDN'T STAND either one. We'd have people crawling all over the dance floor and then walking all over the bar. And then we used to do this absolute killer version of Help Me, I mean it was awesome. We'd get to the end of the song and the bar was silent. All you could hear was the sound of the pinball machines. You almost never know which songs are going to kill a crowd. You just have to experiment sometimes and throw a song out there and see the reaction. If you're playing a song that YOU CAN'T STAND but people love it then it's hard to get rid of that song. There's no better way of honing your repertoire than playing it for a crowd, they're basically guinea pigs and they'll let you know which ones work and which ones don't.