This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#43886 by fisherman bob
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 am
Sometimes when you're in a band the band members can't see the forest for the trees. Sometimes there's arguments over who sings what, who's going to take which solo, which songs are we doing/not doing, etc. etc. etc. What your band should do Robin is bring in a bunch of people to listen to BOTH of you taking turns singing and tell the band who they prefer on which song, or better yet, record a good demo and put it on Bandmix so we can give you our opinions who sounds best on which song. All four people in our band sing. I sing most of the tunes but there's some where my bass playing suffers where it's better if one of the other guys sings. We try and pick the optimum combination for each song. On some songs the instrumentation is more importat so we pick the person who can sing the song without impairing his instrument. On some songs for some reason somebody sings better in a certain key. The other guys sing a little higher register than me so we take that into consideration. The bottom line if your band can't agree on something get an unbiased outside opinion. Standing up for yourself is great but it would be better for people outside the band to confirm your opinions. Later...

#43949 by Robin1
Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 pm
Sound advice. Thanks!

#43953 by Andragon
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:19 pm
RobinL. wrote:Sound advice.

On many levels.

#44159 by philbymon
Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:03 pm
Someone tell me what the HELL happened to Pink?

"Na na na na na na na I'm gonna start a fight"

What is she thinking?

Hey, check this out - http://www.blender.com/50WorstSongsEver ... 40899.aspx - I don't agree with every one mentioned, but yeah, most of them are right on!

#44166 by Andragon
Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:38 am
What do you think, Phil? Lemme think.... her label's idea of a comeback?
She's actually talented and she has successfully (my definition of success isn't the same as the Billboard Top 200's definition) tackled a bunch of different genres. I actually like the song she did with Steven Tyler. Shut up 8)
I thought by now - with all the money and fame that she's got - she would ditch her label and do what she's actually good at, which is a mix of soul, blues and rock.

#45391 by MattFSax
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:23 am
Dr. Anubis Blackward wrote:I see a man at the back
As a matter of fact his eyes are red as the sun
And a girl in the corner let no one ignore her
'Cause she thinks she's the passionate one

Oh, yeah, it was like lightning, everybody was frightening
And the music was soothing, and they all started groovin

my mom used to listen 2 this cheesy @$$ song and just listening to those stupid lyrics and annoying voice would p.o. the dahlai lama

Awesome song though (acdc)

#45532 by JNocella
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 pm
"Only time will tell if we stand the test of time"
- Sammy Hagar
:roll:

#91040 by RobBradley
Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 am
"You don't have to read my mind, to know what I have in mind"

Foreigner - Hot Blooded, I love the band....but damn.
#92333 by IzzyFunderburke
Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:21 pm
"i look at the floor and see it needs sweeping, still my guitar gently weeps" - the beatles WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

#94305 by pusMonkey
Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:10 pm
Probably if you saw the floor George was looking at when he wrote the song you would understand.

#94309 by philbymon
Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm
"There's nothing you can do that can't be done"

Lennon/McCartney

#94325 by jimmydanger
Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:07 pm
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit

Steve Perry later admitted that he didn't know that as he looked out of his Detroit hotel window he was looking at Windsor, not South Detroit (no such place)

#94370 by neanderpaul
Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 am
What they said was real, makes me wanna steal
I think you're kinda neat, then she tells me I'm a creep
:roll:

#94380 by RGMixProject
Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57 am
ANY lyrics with the word f**k in them

#94420 by jimmydanger
Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannonball
Where were you when we were getting high?