This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#42990 by thesystemhasfailed
Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:52 am
wat's the worst song lyric u heard?

I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind

wat a buncha panty waists!

#42992 by gbheil
Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:01 am
Bring in the clones (clowns)
I hate that song soooo much. :twisted:

#42998 by fisherman bob
Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 am
Bob Seger's song about him being up on the stage, woe is me, turn the page. (I forget the exact lyrics). It must be really terrible to be a superstar rocker playing to packed arenas and making gazillions of dollars. Poor Bob. He should have been a Walmart greeter instead. Later...

#43003 by Scaevola
Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:45 am
First, let me point out that in now way am I referring to this song as even remotely bad, but this has always bothered me...

Oooo it's a killing machine
It's got everything
Like a drivin' power,
big fat tires and everything

"Highway Star" -- Deep Purple

I like Deep Purple and I love the music to this. (One of my favorite guitar solos.) But having the strongest rhyme in the song being everything with everything, it's always sorta made me cringe.

#43006 by pusMonkey
Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:57 am
As for Bob Seger's "Turn the Page"... I like the song just 'cuz I can relate to the verse about walking into a restaurant (after a playing out) and having everyone stare at me with my long hair and "band clothes"... "is that a boy or a girl?"

#43009 by philbymon
Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 pm
ANY song by Hootie & the Blowfish!!! MY GAWD I HATE THAT BAND!

#43018 by pusMonkey
Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:41 pm
"Unskinny Bop" (Poison)
"MMMBop" (Hanson)

#43039 by HowlinJ
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 pm
Hey hey we're the Monkeys! :evil:

#43041 by fisherman bob
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:40 pm
"Turn The Page" is musically a fine tune, lyrically sucks. If you don"t like being a rock and roll superstar then get another job. If you don"t like being confused for a girl, dress like a man. Bob Seger complaining about, well, being Bob Seger is B.S. All of us struggling musicians would dearly lvoe to trade places with poor Bob Seger. Later...

#43047 by philbymon
Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:36 pm
"...And IIIIIIIIIII don't wanna die
I just wanna ride on my moooooooootorcy........cle"

#43058 by Starfish Scott
Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:32 pm
HEEEEY, do not bag on the Monkeees.. Pleasant Valley Sunday and Last Train to Clarksville make good cover fodder.

Besides Poison is so much worse.

I see rock of love with Brett Michaels and I want to vomit.

(I find it very apres po he likes all the whores) LOL

Birds of a feather.. lol

#43076 by HowlinJ
Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:11 am
Damn, Scotti,

Once again I'm forced to agree with ya , at least about "Last Train To Clarksville" being an exceptional tune. (I covered it myself in one of my first bands, BEFORE we found out The Monks were an "artificial" band.

The fact is, the Monkees material was composed by some of the best song writers of the day! (Carol King, Boyce & Hart, etc.)

...however....

Like the Bee Gees later on, it wasn't "cool" to dig the Monkees in the 60's if you were into "real" groups like THE Beatles, THE Animals, THE Stones, THE Blues Project, THE Temps., THE Who, THE Yardbirds, THE Paul Butterfield Blues Band, THE Creem, THE Doors, THE Rascals, ... THE Whatever! :wink:

Those were THE good ol" days :) ,
Howlin'

#43094 by fisherman bob
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 am
I saw Mickey Dolenz, Peter Tork and Davey Jones playing live on a TV show fairly recently. Michael Nesmith wasn't with them. Anyway, they were REALLY GOOD. When the original Monkees television show started they had no idea that they would become such a huge sensation. I guess Nesmith and Dolenz were already fair musicians, not sure about Tork, and Davey Jones sung fairly well. From what I understand they all decided to REALLY become a band and started to REALLY learn how to play. They may have started out as make believe but over the years became a real good band. There's been a lot of other famous bands who in my opinion WERE fakes and NEVER were really much of anything musically. Later...

#43112 by gbheil
Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:22 pm
I like rockin the hell out of Steppin Stone :D

#43128 by philbymon
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm
I've always loved the Monkees, mostly cuzza Mike Nesmith.

He's kept busy over the years doing new music that no one hears, along with his videos (check this one out - it is fabulous! -> http://www.videoranch.com/html/frhomepage.html - "are the mussels fresh?" LMAO!), as well as production work. One of his songs is an all-time fave with me. It's from the very 1st video to ever get a Grammy, back in '79, I think. It was a compilation called "Elephant Parts," & it's funny & has some great pop music on it. This song is called "Cruisin'," (but you might remember it as the ballad of Lucy & Ramona & Sunset Sam) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRWTz3zY1WY

Enjoy