This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1082 by Drummersman
Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:01 am
I am a drummer that likes to pratice classic and modern rock. I have been playing for to many years on and off. But I am tired of playing with my mp3 player and hearing the drums at the same time. What is out there that a person can buy to have the instruments and vocals on but no drums. Is it possible to buy a mixer and play a cd thru it and eliminate the drum track? Is there such a thing. Would really be greatful if someone knows.

thank you
jay

#1186 by SP3KTR3
Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:07 pm
I believe that drum cd/dvds probably have tracks similar to what your asking for.

As for mainstream music, unless for some reason a band has released a drumless version of a song then you wouldn't be able to find music without drums unless you go through a company that specializes in providing music like that.

And as for splitting the audio from a cd, it can't be done. The music on a cd is put onto a single stereo track and there is no way to retrieve the unmixed song from it to mute the drums.

If it's a simple mainstream song you could probably have someone record the rythm guitar track of the song you want and have them send you that. Other than that I dunno.

SP3KTR3

#2097 by drummer4jesus
Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:18 am
I got 2 off of ebay, they are not the original artist but they cover creed to the eagles, you get like 8 songs per cd they also play the song with drums, thenm ply it w/o , they are ok but they don't have the feel of the regular song
#3242 by marein
Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:40 am
Drummersman wrote:I am a drummer that likes to pratice classic and modern rock. I have been playing for to many years on and off. But I am tired of playing with my mp3 player and hearing the drums at the same time. What is out there that a person can buy to have the instruments and vocals on but no drums. Is it possible to buy a mixer and play a cd thru it and eliminate the drum track? Is there such a thing. Would really be greatful if someone knows.

thank you
jay
your darn ribht what is mucic without DRUMS!!!!!!!

#3243 by marein
Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:45 am
man im a drumer that thinks if there isn,tdrums in music then it is not worth listing to.i mean come on . shabulya!!!

#3397 by litz
Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:59 pm
Do you know anything about midi? Use your computer, with a midi program recorder such as "Cakewalk". Write the instruments on individual tracks (up to 16) such as the Bass line, keyboard parts etc. and simply leave the drums out.
If this is not making any sense at all, then just go on line and buy someone elses midi creations. You still need Cakewalk to play them on a computer, but then you can simply mute the drums and play along with them.
Most midi creators, record each instrument on individual tracks for that reason. No vocals, but then you can play and sing along. You can burn this to CD for your own pleasure that way also.

#4055 by Pocketman
Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:00 am
I have a lot of music without drums from cover bands that I recorded demos with. I just remove the drum track and give them to my students.
I also have sequenced music with no drums from previous cover bands.
If you are interested in obtaining copies, let me know by responding to this post.
I have a lot of dance covers, roc covers, generic groove music (rock, latin, jazz, funk,etc) :)

#4090 by Nick BIG HEAD FRED
Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:11 am
Hey Brother...., I'm in and always open to new and exciting ways to play the sone differly. Let me know the details. I'm at [email protected] Happy Hoildays to you and yours.

#4281 by UncleJohn
Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:43 pm
You should try playing with other people. That way the drum track is yours to fill.

#4526 by Braxton1
Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:23 pm
UncleJohn wrote:You should try playing with other people. That way the drum track is yours to fill.
I have to agree with Unclejohn on this one, Good luck and have fun.

#4944 by AustinTatious
Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 pm
Yeah, sadly there isn't a device created yet that can "extract" particular tracks that have been pre-recorded by another company, simply because during the mix-down, any audio device recognizes that as 1 track. You MAY (very strong may) be able to ask some record companies if you can purches a custom CD of some of your fave artists without the drums, but I doubt many of the snooty record-companies will let you. Like i said, you can always try. But yeah, in end, there is no device that splits the tracks up if they're on a CD you just bought out of the store. Like the other guys said, you'd kind of have to buy a CD that already has anti-drums.

If you have a program such as CakeWalk, Cool Edit, or Acid Pro you can mess with the equalizer and maybe eliminate the presence of the drums, but they'll still be there.
#9602 by ANThrx
Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:23 pm
drumur wrote:I have a lot of music without drums from cover bands that I recorded demos with. I just remove the drum track and give them to my students.
I also have sequenced music with no drums from previous cover bands.
If you are interested in obtaining copies, let me know by responding to this post.
I have a lot of dance covers, roc covers, generic groove music (rock, latin, jazz, funk,etc) :)

I am very interisted in obtaining any copies that you are willing to part with. I have searched everywhere and found a few kewl things but just not satisfied with variety. Please let me know I will go through great lengths to get my hands on anything.

Thanks in advance

If anyone has anything to offer or location (URL,FTP) please do so it will be greatly appreciated.
[email protected]

#15379 by CallyG
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 pm
You should try creating your own mixes. It is so easy, and anyone with the ear to play drums can use software to create generic drum practices tracks for drums. Go to mininova.org and look up fruityloops. If you don't have a bit torrent dowloader, go here, Utorrent.com and download it first. Then you want to download and install the software, and you can create your own tracks for free, and to what ever tempo you want. It is so easy. You literally can make a track on the spot, and also you can raise and lower the tempo, so if you like the beat, but want to make it go faster, you have the ability.

CallyG
Garden Furniture
#36477 by rockey
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:23 am
I am a drummer that does not like to exercise definitive and advanced rock.
________________________________-
james
Addiction Recovery Idaho