This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#42662 by AdamKralic
Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:57 am
Hello,

I am an Art Director for a Chicago ad agency. I have been working at this for nine years now and have designed just about every type of piece at one point or another that you could imagine. What I'd really like to design right now though is a really unique and memorable piece of cd/poster art for a great new band.

Free of charge. You see...I like design...like you like playing music.

Send me a few tracks. Tell me about your band...your vision. But if your music is really good...I should be able to hear it. I don't care about the genre. If it's going to get stuck in my head for days...you need to send it.

Looking forward to this,

Adam

P.S. You can see samples of my designs here: www.adamkralic.net
The cd design that is currently up there is old. The guitarist featured is a friend and a great musician...but I'm tired of the design and am looking to do something...well...better.

Let's impress each other.

#42668 by Hayden King
Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:26 am
www.myspace.com/blunderingeye
my bio may give you an idea of where I am in life and music.

sorry I dont have more music recorded for you to listen to, but I'm that "starving artist" you hear about!
hope you like it......

if you choose to contact me it'll have to be e-mail; I'm locked out of my page on myspace till they fix their problem.
[email protected]

"WE ARE ALL ONE"

#42678 by AdamKralic
Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:13 pm
Thanks for sending a link. I'm going to give bands a week or so to get something my way...then pick one and get to work.

Have a wonderful day in the neighborhood,

Adam

#42685 by Kramerguy
Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:21 pm
Currently Band-less.

I feel naked. :oops:

#42698 by Mike Gentry
Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:59 pm
One thing I've learned through experience is that nothing is free. There is always small print somewhere.

#42718 by Craig Maxim
Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:20 am
Mike Gentry wrote:One thing I've learned through experience is that nothing is free. There is always small print somewhere.

Yeah, it's best to be clear upfront what's going on.

As to the "free" part, some businesses will do work for "free" to use in their portfolio, so they attract paying customers.

#42734 by gbheil
Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:50 am
He's welcome to check out our Bandvista site. We are about as original as it gets!
NOISY KUNG FU !!!!