This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Talk with other musicians and industry professionals.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36804 by adlawan_h56
Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:33 am
How long does it take to get from one side to the other and how come it takes all different times to get there? I believe in era and fusion with progression of feelings. Can you enlighten me on the reason why I am so slow to get back into what's mine? I hook a Les Paul to a Custom Dual amp and all the compression I need. It's alot of fun and makes all these nice sounds that sometimes makes you laugh, frown, etc. The only time I'm straight faced is when in front of a music sheet/score. Well being I got two points, I do have a poem in poetrydot.com made in the 70's. They wanted me to receive a big old trophy but I was busy and couldn't go.

#36861 by philbymon
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:49 pm
2 days.

I've been thinking about this myself, & I've discovered that, well, sometimes, you just have to accept it all as if it were real or something.

When I get in that frame of mind, though, I usually try to keep it to myself, cuz other ppl often look at you funny.

I never won a poetry writing contest, but I won a watermelon once. Then I had to carry it all the way home, & it was heavy.

Won the 1st 4 tip jars I ever played, & figured I'd better stop while I'm ahead. I'm superstitious about that stuff.

Have you ever wondered how many moles it takes to fill a pint jar of mole-asses?

What do they do with the rest of the mole?

And why aren't the animal rights' activists upset about it?

Why do I see vegetarians using mole-asses?

I think it's important for ppl to be educatered.

I want to genetically design a jellyfish so that I can use its tentacles as guitar strings. I think that would be much more humane than using cat gut. I don't know why it seems more humane. It just does. I can't really relate to jellyfish, can you? I have some good friends who are cats, though.

#36863 by gbheil
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:57 pm
:shock: :?:

#36885 by Hayden King
Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:06 am
hey guys share some o that shitt. I wanna womble under gromans too!
*(;>)-~

#36891 by philbymon
Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm
I just realized that it would hafta be a stingless jellyfish. Boy, that would be a huge mistake, wouldn't it? Maybe if I cross them with those burpless cucumbers...

I used to roast miniature marshmallows over a candle with toothpicks when I was bored. I get bored a lot. So then I got fat. Now I go on here. This is like a diet for me. I've cut way back on my carbon intake, anyway, cuz I always seem to burn the lil things.

Jimmy says "hi" & hopes you all are well.

I finally figured out what was wrong with my guitar. It was the operator. It just needed a new battery. Now it runs really good...sometimes all by itself if you sit it next to the speakers.

When I 1st moved into this house in WV, I found this room that was...well...it was curious, to say the least. It had a bath tub in it, but the coolest part was the foot washer. You can wash one foot, push this little lever & ya get fresh water for your other foot! That foot washer had these two funny lids. One of 'em had a big hole in it. The wife used it to frame my grandpa's picture. It looks so natural it's like he's sitting right there! She uses that other lid to roll out pie dough.

Never did find the outhouse, so I just go out in the woods. Keeps the deer away from the garden, I hear. I haven't had time to put in a garden this year, so I've been going over to the neighbor's, but they seemed a little miffed about it. Try to do someone a favor & see what happens? I guess it's true what I heard - that no good deed goes unpunished.

I got pretty good ears. I've heard all kinds of stuff.

Why do old wives grow tails?

I want a greenhouse. This one is too brown.

Are you alright? You look a little confusticated. I'll bet it's the heat. I've found that it's best to avoid the heat unless it's winter. Then you might need some. It's been really hot here lately, cuzza the summer, they tell me. I try to stay in the shade unless I'm working on a roof. It's really hard to find shade there, usually. Sometimes there's a big oak tree that hangs over the house, & then there's shade. I always tell ppl to cut them down cuz they bring carpenter ants into your house.

I think that only ppl should be carpenters, don't you? We're really much better at it than ants. They just make a lot of sawdust & put holes in your wood.

I hope your day has gotten a little better for you, Adlawan, & I'm sorry about your crooked face. Maybe if you keep some sheet music with you all the time, & just glance at it a lot, ppl won't notice?

There's always a solution for our little physical quirkles. See, I wear shoes instead of going barefoot. That way ppl can't see my hammer toes. I've always been a bit embarassed about them. One day, when I have the time...well...I DO have quite a few hammers. Do you think that might help?

You can usually get back into yours if you open the door & step in. Try it. It doesn't take too long, unless you're locked out. That's what works for me, anyway. Maybe that's been your problem all along. You should get a key, maybe.

I went fishing the other night. It was the 1st time I'd ever tried to do it at night. When I casted, this bat flew at my line & I thought I was gonna catch it. That would have been awkward. I don't know how to prepare bat. I saw Andrew Zimmern eat them on TV, but I didn't see how they cooked them. I believe in catch & eat, not catch & release. Now if it's too small, you can always take 'em home & raise them bigger in the bathtub & THEN eat 'em. It's a theory, anyway. My wife's pretty pissed about my little experiment, though. I forgot to change the water the other day & lost a whole slew of teeny little sunnies. It's okay, though. I fed 'em to the cats & the pugs. They seemed happy, & I saved a lot on pet food. I wonder if they'd like a bat?

I hope this helps clear up a few things for you. Now I'm off to my neighbor's garden to filtch a bit of corn silk. No, I don't smoke it. I'm making a shirt. I hear that silk stuff makes real nice shirts.

Have a nice day, & stay out of the summer if you can. There's heat stroke out there just waiting to attack you.

#37022 by philbymon
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:47 pm
Adlawan - you should find someone to influence you. Then you could play & record stuff that you've been influenced by for us to hear on your profile.

It helps to have music up so ppl can know about your abilities & style when they're looking for ppl to play with.

I usually only play with ppl I can hear playing, myself. Does your guitar have a volume knob? You should turn it up so we can hear you. Oh, & don't forget to do it to the amp & make sure it's plugged in, too.

I love it when I get to talk all technical & stuff. Makes me feel like I know something.

I wish I was in Honalulu too. Then maybe I could hear you. It's pretty far, though. I hope you don't have an amp big enough for me to hear out in my yard. That would be pretty scary. Do you surf? Are there fish there? Do you surf in the winter?

I have lots of questions but no answers for anything.

Good luck. Write soon even if it's nothing but a check.

#42238 by philbymon
Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:54 pm
I feel that this topic is too important to let it disappear into the back pages, so I bumped it up.

Please, someone, anyone, respond to this poor individual who seems so temporally, spacially & facially challenged. He only has TWO points, ppl!

Please, for the love of god, help him with his progression of feelings!

#42246 by gbheil
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am
:shock: :?:

#42283 by Starfish Scott
Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 am
BELCH!!!!!

Ah yes, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their parties.

LO tho I walk into the valley of death I fear no evil, cause I carry a new assault rifle and I am the baddest mfer in the land.

Lo, there do I see my father

Lo, there do i see my mother and my sisters, and my brothers

Lo, there do i see the line of my people, back to the beginning

Lo, they do call to me

They bid me to take my place among them

In the halls of Valhalla

Where the brave may live forever.

A great teacher went to visit a famous monk master. While the master quietly served tea, the teacher talked about ZEN. The master filled poured the visitor's cup to the brim and then kept pouring. The teacher watched the overflowing cup until he could stand it no longer. "It's overfull, no more will go in" the teacher blurted.

The master replied, "you are like this cup." The master spoke suddenly with force, "How can i show you ZEN unless you first empty your cup?"

#42285 by gbheil
Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:04 am
Hey Cap,n I had to recite that story verbatum while sparring full contact with two guys. Did not matter if I won or lost just had to get the story right, :lol:
Took multiple attempts.

#42312 by philbymon
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:51 am
Why would a lady wear a cup anyway? I just don't get it.

Maybe I should have learned some marshal arts. I knew a guy named Marshal once, but I don't think he was an artist.

#42330 by Starfish Scott
Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 pm
He makes amps.. LOL

#42347 by Robin1
Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 pm
OMFG!

My sides hurt now. :lol:

Thanks, I needed that!!!!

#42376 by gbheil
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:38 am
Funny, my first Sifu is named Marshall. For real no sh*t. :lol:

#42385 by philbymon
Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 am
Well, I obviously know squiddly dot about karate & kung fu & jujitsu & stuff, cuz I haven't a clue what a "sifu" is, but I can only assume it's a person, right? How many does a guy need, if he's your 1st?