This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#41596 by lanzar13
Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:52 pm
Hey everyone its been a while but we finally have a mixed home studio version of Last Stand.. We have been working on a number of other songs that will be put up in the coming month.. We hope you like what you hear please leave feedback.. This is our first home recording and first time mixing. please let me know what you think and if you have any recording tips please add them here...... Hope you all enjoy the music...

you can hear the final mix here http://www.myspace.com/chilltonicsplace

please let me know what you think

#41601 by philbymon
Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 pm
I dunno - I think it could use some bass, dude.

J/K - I see you're looking for bass.

Sounds good to me. Hope you get that bassist.

#41675 by gbheil
Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:44 am
Good rockin sound my man. But Bass, Bass, Bass, Rock aint sh*t without strong bass.

I know your lookin. I hope your finding.

#41708 by Scaevola
Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:52 am
Even with just the drums and guitar that made me want to go start a mosh on a crowded city bus. Only 'cause there aren't any shows going on around here where that'd be appropriate. But, at least there are plenty of people on the bus.

But I digress. Keep it up and good luck with your bassist search.

#41777 by lanzar13
Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:19 pm
thank you all for taking the time to listen to our song.. i hope to have more up soon... we are still getting use to the whole home recording mixing thing.

#41781 by fisherman bob
Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:40 am
Us bass players are becoming a rare breed indeed. Hope you find one.

#41812 by lanzar13
Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:44 am
why is it that bass players are so hard to find now a days.. my band has been looking for a bass player in Sacramento for almost 2 years now.. when we do find someone the never get back to us or they dont have good equipment....why is bass a instrument that is dead or almost dead...

#41825 by Starfish Scott
Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:03 pm
Because no one wants to do it and IF they do, they invariably don't understand how and why.

The best I ever heard was this guy who claimed he played bass because he couldn't play guitar.

After playing a simple 1-4-5 with this guy, I told him he wasn't playing with the right key.

With a straight face he said, "I play either with my hands or a pick, but I never heard of anyone using a key."

(groan)

#41888 by gbheil
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:52 pm
Damn! You have got to be kidding.

#44047 by lanzar13
Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:01 am
if anyone knows someone who plays bass or sings in the north highlands or sacramento california area please drop me a line.. my band has been lookin for a bass player and singer for a longs ass time now...

#44057 by gbheil
Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:26 pm
Lanzar13, Are you using the Bandmix search function?
It took me several months of search and send tactic to get our bass and drummer aboard.
It is frustrating. In my case though it was an effective means of finding the "right" musicians.
Others on the board have found musicians through open mic nights and such.
Hell we are in the middle of podunck Texas, and I hade several people to audition.
Surely you can do better in Cali?

#44091 by Andragon
Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:41 pm
Great. Finally metal drummers who don't over-use the fckin bass pedals. Very nice. You had to be in good ol Cali, eh?
Good luck.

#44720 by gbheil
Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:56 pm
Nice informational post. Danm few of us have any meter involved in the listening process here. Even fewer are using good speakers.
For the most part it's the feel we get listening on the ol puter that we are commenting on.
Glad to see you being more proactive in you evaluations.