This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#39636 by philbymon
Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:36 pm
I've met 2 ppl from here, but haven't found anyone to play with yet.

I've gotten some great fishing advice, too! Thanks to Bob & the KIDD.

The best I've taken from this site, other than the fishing stuff, is the comaraderie, the insights of others, & the opportunity to spout my useless advice & opinions to others...LOL

I love this place!

#40229 by Matt_Darcy
Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:56 pm
I've had some sucess, but the need for people to be signed up to expensive accounts tends to really be putting people off in my view.

I've pretty much had my fill of paying premium membership for this site, and I think a lot of others have too, so even if you contact them they are no longer subscribed due to high price / low contact ratio.

#40569 by jw123
Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm
This place is good for a joke

I have found a few players over about a years time. Theres no better place than to go whereever it is you want to play and start networking with real players. I have a sneaky feeling that most of the people you interact with on here arent doing anything and never will.

If you want to play you have to get out there and take the bull by the horns and just do it. Sitting on here is a dead end.

#40596 by RhythmMan
Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:53 pm
I suggest you re-read jw123's last response.
It was pretty damn close to what's happening here . . .

#40604 by gbheil
Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am
Ive picked up bandmembers here. Ive gotten great tips and information form jw123 and RM and many others here. I got hooked up with some great tubes for my amp from Shredd6 here. I,m not playing a bunch of gigs right now but me and the boys are writing and composing more new and more complex music partially due to influence from many of you guys. Thats no dead end in my book.

#40616 by RhythmMan
Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:48 am
Nah, Sans, you're doing just fine.
And most of the other guys on this forum are too . . .
So if you're reading this, you're probably one of the guys or girls who's doing something . . .
I was referring to the other - what - was it 18,000 members?
I don't know, man . . . what do you think the ratio is of;
"guys like you"
compared to
"dead-wood?"
What do you think?

#40649 by gbheil
Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:47 pm
Forest Fire !!! Yea in that context I would have to be in total agreement .
I did a search in my area for a backup singer the other day. Over 100 hits only three of them had been active in the last month. One of them is already in our band.
Dismal.

#40692 by Robin1
Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:15 pm
I have 6 nibbles since joining. I think if you keep active on here that keeps you closer to the beginning of the searches. As I posted on here yesterday, I have an audition scheduled for today.....(Breathe) and I have met Krammer from on here. That was too far a haul for me for just a couple of days a month. Another person wanted me but lived even farther away than Krammer. Another band contacted me and was going to schedule an audition but the guitartist they thought they had bailed on them....but did say that if they finally get it all together if I am still interested when they are up and running, but know that it would be unfair to me to just sit and wait for them. So, yes, if you stay active on here you can get nibbles. It DOES help if you have a sample of what you do in your profile!!!!! I think that is the ONLY reason that I have gotten the attention.

#40732 by JohnH
Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:08 pm
it's very hit & miss, IMO. Probably more miss than hit.

I wonder why people post up that they're looking for musicians / bands, then when you email them, they don't reply. Do they forget they've been here & don't come back? So they never see their mail?

Or are they just plain rude?

Actually, on the subject of 'plain rude' - it would be interesting to see how many fall into this category from each country. I'm in the UK and it's very quickly becoming a 'me me me' kind of place. Sometimes I think I'd like to up sticks to say, the south of France, or some such. Much more laid back. Still 'moi moi moi', but at least the weather's good!

Any vacancies for PICK programmers in Cannes or Nice?

#40750 by enndee2003
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 am
In the last few months I've had a couple of good contacts off here where I have been approached. But on the other hand, I have approached 2 bands recently who were looking for a Bassist and heard ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from them. They are both working bands so either they need a Bassist or they don't. Whatever, the courtesy of a reply would be nice so at least I know what's going on!!

#41028 by Chris McClellan
Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:35 pm
I posted my details, like you after the ad on Facebook, just to see who was about in Sussex, and I've had a few people contact me, so definatly worth it

#41206 by tfp
Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 pm
The site worked for me. I joined my last band about a year ago, after the guitarist contacted me via my advert. I'm a free member and he emailed me, so it was all nice and easy.

#45904 by ROB D
Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:33 pm
i posted an ad for a singer for my band. i will let you know what happens.........

seems to be pretty hard to enjoy yourself thesedays :?

#45951 by philbymon
Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:38 pm
I suppose it all depends upon your definition of "success."

I have successfully insulted, outraged & upset several people in the forums, often without even trying, & it was lots of fun.

#45959 by gbheil
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 pm
:shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :shock: :twisted: :lol: 8)