This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#39610 by ghost 62
Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:43 pm
I loved it thx im still laughing,the funny part is this is just how I remember it 2

#39622 by Shapeshifter
Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:49 pm
Mine would be "Bassically", the bass intro to "N.I.B." (Sabbath). I still kind of do my own version of it, using a wah pedal, but just to be able to knock it out and have people go "wow!". That's cool... :D

#39641 by witty user name
Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:07 pm
Cliffs of Dover. Also, on Bass I learned thw Barney Miller theme.

#39646 by 420freedom
Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:26 pm
My fisrt tune that i learned was Badfish by Sublime.

#39656 by gbheil
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:18 am
Barney Miller, loved that bass line and the show. Was a compilation DVD at wallyworld one day, did not have enough cash on hand. When I got back it was gone. Never to be seen again. :cry:

#39661 by TheCaptain
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:58 am
Broon's Bane

#39666 by fisherman bob
Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:52 am
That's a tough question. There's a lot of songs that are hard to play AND sing at the same time. James Brown's I Feel Good, Tinsly Eliis' Deaf, Dumb, Crippled & Blind, Freddy King's Same Old Blues. There's a bunch of them that took some work. Actually some of my originals are harder than the covers we do. Later...

#39944 by hazes39
Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 am
so many , would have to go with my fav, one by metallica.hands down one of the best for me.

#39978 by jw123
Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm
Recently I learned the Whole Lotta Love guitar solo. Ive played it for years but I always just went for it. I learned it note for note and when I got thru I realized that I had been working way to hard all these years. My own solo was way harder.

#39981 by RhythmMan
Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:30 pm
jw123 wrote:Recently I learned the Whole Lotta Love guitar solo. Ive played it for years but I always just went for it. I learned it note for note and when I got thru I realized that I had been working way to hard all these years. My own solo was way harder.

That's why I stopped doing covers.
I don't do lead, nor hard rock, anymore, - but the same reasoning applies.

#40071 by ted_lord
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 pm
well I just figured out the main riff to primus's my name is mud, the muting makes that song a pain in the ass....that and I didn't see any tabs that were right, I dunno I'm pretty happy that I can play tool's reflection to 90% accuracy, the second to last line is a pain in the as broken chords slow slides and upper neck chords in between all that happynes...yah

#40577 by ColorsFade
Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:48 pm
(1) "Limelight" - Rush. I love everything about that tune; was pretty proud of myself when I had it down. I was all like, "Hey, I can play a Rush tune!"

(2) "Empire" & "One and Only" - Queensryche. I was particularly happy when I nailed both solos, especially the one in Empire. It felt like taking a step forward as a guitarist. A small one, but a step.

(3) "Green Tinted Sixties Mind" - Mr. Big. Probably the thing I'm most proud of is learning the intro to that song. The best thing was it's probably the first time I've ever actually really done what all fast guitar players suggest, which is start with a metronome slow and build up the speed. My metronome will only go as low as 40bpm, and when I started learning that intro, I could barely keep up with that. Four weeks later I could do it full speed. That was pretty cool...

#40671 by Black57
Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 am
:D I learned many songs on flute such as Frankenstein, Chameleon, Hey Jude but nothing compares to learning the piece called Coffee Break. It was written by Billy Mclaughlin of Minnesota. I learned it on the flute and arranged it for flute ensemble, percussion, cello and piano. If all goes well it will be performed at my college's composors allumnus concert next April.

http://billymacmusic.com

#40817 by Dajax
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:40 pm
I'm proud to say as soon as I heard the intro to Whole Lotta Love as a 14 year old in 1969 I caught the little trick that many people miss to make it sound authentic...it's all about the dissonance on the the "D" note