This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All things Keys.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#38437 by slinkky
Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:49 am
Hey... i have a motif xs8 and a korg r3 and i really need some help wetting it up together. My goal is to use both keyboards together with cubase so i can be able to edit the music easier. I also want to be able to take chains and trasnfer them to my computer as files. i know you need midi cables but the only thing i was able to do so far was use the motfi as a midi controller. please help me out im not too good with all the technical stuff. thxx :D

#38445 by gbheil
Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:14 am
I think you have to push the little pointed thing into the little round thing.
Really I have no idea, being more of a mechanic than electrician.
Just wanted to wish you luck.

#52133 by Lefty Wright
Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:39 am
I have a friend who can set up small studios for some money. He comes to your place. If you want his number, let me know.

#54528 by Jessica M
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:36 am
Ask at your local music store or check Google. Every system is different, as are most computer systems, so advice on here might not be your best bet. Good luck.

#81300 by Chemical Residue
Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm
you wanna use them for vsti? u can load a usb driver for the midi if that motif has it or you can buy a midi interface like the m-audio uno ...or you can buy a soundcard with multiple midi inputs. if you are wanting to record from analog to digital you can buy an alesis mixer that connects via usb or get the sound card and convert to like a audiophile 2496 or a e-mu 0404 or use an external like edirol ua-25 .

#84713 by Chippy
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm
Hi Slinky.

Hey you do need a card for midi if that is what you are using? Possibly a mixer?

I have a built in M-Audio 2496 but had I thought about it a lot longer would have had one of these since they are transportable.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... ps-sellers

There are some really nice rigs on the market. The one I have and the one in the link above are entry level really but I have to say the On board Delta that I have works and does what it says on the box.

You'll need to do some reading up on settings which are specific to your system. Do some looking around online and bookmark the right sites for later reading.

Good luck.

Chippy.
#85569 by Futureman
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 am
You to learn a little bit about midi mapping.
Mostly all famous sequencers have the midi mapping feature, I dont use cubase since I dont know it very well, but in ableton that is very very simple