This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#895 by Guest
Sun May 28, 2006 4:36 pm
Hey guys. Nirvanas great. i was just wonderin if any one else was a fan too.

#1835 by Sexy_Female_Rock_sin
Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:46 pm
Seee i am liking you already I LOVE nirvana, I swear if Kurdt Kobain hadent of commited suicide i would be married. My favorite song is Negative creep
#2339 by wboro151
Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:24 pm
My thought is basically if you don't like Nirvana you don't have a soul.

#2360 by Irminsul
Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:05 pm
That's a pretty narrow minded thought. Soul is where you find it. Some people say it's in BB King, others like myself say it's in Mussorgsky. Keep your awareness open.

#3087 by ROCKER 22
Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:37 am
Hey sexy. :wink: .Ya nirvana is like the greatest that ever lived. ya thats a good song but i like smells like teen spirit myself.

#3116 by Lithiumtom
Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:08 am
NEGITIVE CREEP IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE nirvana tunes. tom.

#3266 by ROCKER 22
Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:26 pm
yah its good but smells like teen spirit is WAY better
#3277 by Lithiumtom
Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 am
with so many good songs from one band it is difficult to pick a favorite. they all rock in one way or another

#3289 by ROCKER 22
Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:43 pm
yea u got a point

#3293 by little_tim
Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:15 am
i love All Apologies...great song...... :D
#3765 by Joshondrums
Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:04 pm
Lithiumtom wrote:with so many good songs from one band it is difficult to pick a favorite. they all rock in one way or another

That is true of many, many bands. That's why I find it hard to answer the age old question "Who's your favorite band" or "What's your favorite song".....thats an impossible question.

Or......if you do have an answer to those questions, your probably a person who gets up everyday and does the exact same thing by method with no deviation at all.....probably in the same town you were born in?

Like groundhog day! :lol:

There is so much great music out there it's rediculous. However, every band to me is a mood, or they remind me of a point in my life where I listened to them more than others maybe.....That is what makes each band special to me I guess. If I'm feeling Nirvana today or this week, I can jam Nirvana for sure......... all week! Let memories pave my mind.

I love Nirvana. I was 15 when "Nevermind" was released....it changed the way I listened to music and gave me a new perspective on who I was. I think maybe all 15 year olds go through that? Without Nirvana I might not be the same person I am today? Who knows?

My favorite Nirvana jam is "On a Plain".......... :twisted:

#3943 by ROCKER 22
Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:51 am
thats a great song i love the guitar solo. AWESOME.

#4205 by KiLLiNHiLLz44
Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:07 pm
Nirvana is incredible. Kurt is a legend in my heart, a true artist and storyteller. He wrote so many great songs that many go overlooked... Often rooting his songs in E minor because of its haunting tone. "You Know You're Right" gives me chills, it was the last song he wrote/recorded before his death and you can hear in his voice that he's at the end of his rope. Then there's stuff like "Sappy" that not many people have heard, but the lyrics man...

"And if you save yourself,
you will make him happy.
He'll keep you in a jar,
then you'll think you're happy.
He'll give you breathing holes,
then you'll think you're happy!
He'll cover you with dust,
then you'll think you're happy now...
you're in a laundry room!!"

f**k genius. my favorite nirvana song of all time though, is "Dumb". Beautiful imagery. RIP Kurt We'll meet someday

#4326 by leonRay
Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:53 pm
About a Girl. And Drain You.
#4334 by Stax
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:17 am
Check out Time Magazines podcast about the all time 100 albums. It's not the best-selling or most hits. They order them chronologically and judge them as the 100 most influential albums, like changing the way music is made and/or listened to... Nevermind's the only 'grunge' era album listed! Kudos Kurt. And I dunno what it is about dirty uncontrollable girls but I still got a thing for Cortney Love.