This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#37428 by dleesgeetar
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:43 am
turns out this website sucks, cant even contact another member without paying these clowns. why would anyone use this over craigslist musician ads?

#37429 by Shredd6
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:40 am
Duck..

#37430 by Crip2Nite
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:04 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like me when I was about yay high a few months ago! :lol: :lol:

#37431 by gbheil
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 am
Hell you did'nt even bother to post any audio. Were better off without you. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

#37436 by fisherman bob
Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:24 pm
Have you read the various posts on the forum here? New ones posted almost every day. The info from the posts alone make this website worth the money. There are people posting info from England and Canada as well. I've contacted a good number of people on here, three of our band members are Bandmix members. Generally the people I have contacted on Craig's List haven't been as serious as those here on Bandmix. From my experience you're going to get a different level of musician on here. In my opinion it's worth the extra money. Good luck no matter what you do. Later...

#37438 by Kramerguy
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:19 pm
You get what you pay for.

#37439 by jw123
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:22 pm
Whatever...........................................

#37440 by philbymon
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:26 pm
My membership's free. I've been contacted by 4 acts...2 of them wanted to meet me to play music, & 2 of them wanted to either talk personally or to say they liked the music I posted.

Posting music obviously helps, if you want to meet ppl. Talking in here about stuff helps too, if you aren't too big of a jerk about stuff like I am sometimes...LOL

CL doesn't letcha post what you can do, musically, so it's a crap shoot finding someone who's any good, let alone whether or not they're just talkers.

If you wanna whine, go back to CL & whine to them. If you're here to find ppl, then find a better way to do it.

#37442 by Russ Jennings
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:00 pm
Howdy
I'm new to Bandmix and I havent had any contacts yet-but in reply to the dude saying he cant get any contacts unless you pay for it?What?Are you out of work or just cheap!? Be THANKFUL YOU GOT A SITE THAT WILL GIVE YOU FREE ADVERTISING-YA BIG BABY!!!!.Craigslist is o.k. but you always got to watch out for scam artists on there.Bandmix seems more safe to use than CL-so shut up and pay the fee el-cheapo!!!

#37459 by Crip2Nite
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 pm
^^^^^^^^^

"YA BIG BABY" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heehee...

#37461 by Axesligner for hire
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:27 pm
2 of the 4 in my band are bandmixers...

#37468 by jw123
Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 pm
Actually one of the groups Im playing with these days.

Strange Hombre is the name. I met the bassist thru this site last year. Hes a great player and a great guy, so the site isnt that bad. It just takes patience.

#37476 by Hayden King
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 pm
I will say this. the site is growing pretty fast. there are a lot more musician's added on from my state in the short time I've been on here. if you see someone who really fits what you after, the few bucks would be well worth it in my humble meaningless opinion!

#37479 by The Hunter
Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 am
You're an ignoramus, dleesgeetar.
And a dumbass. :lol:

#37481 by The KIDD
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:26 am
Now dont hold back Hunter, tell us what you really think :lol: ...Yeah, good to see the posts in defence of this site...My Craigslist experience has netted a couple of freaky female musicians I tried to get "freaky" with ..Ask me how THAT went :P ...I keep OFF that craigslist now..My PF says member since 06 (actually since 04)but I had to rejoin after a major site change.Yeah , people have come and gone over the last 3 yrs , but has stood the test of time to be a great site :!:

John