This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#36432 by Andragon
Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:12 pm
Well, I agree with the last part only. He is pretty overrated.
I'm not just talking bout speed. He keeps his tempo pretty well.. over the course of 25 years. Exclude St. Anger and he did pretty good stuff. Even when MetallicA stepped down a notch in their 90s albums. He still did well but not 10 hits per second like the Justice album.

You know what they say.. to each his own.

#37061 by AirViking
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:58 pm
Children Of Bodom's drummer, if you dont believe me check out is lve solo, and you'll see.

#37228 by CaptnWar
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:58 pm
ROMAIN GOULON
(Born April 06, 1981) is an extreme metal drummer from France. He is well known for playing the drums in bands brutal death metal such as Disavowed, Arsebreed, and most recently the technical death metal band Necrophagist.

- wikipedia.

I SUGGEST YOU LOOK THIS GUY UP

#37402 by We Jam
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 pm
The_Copasetics wrote:well to answer your question

Vinnie Paul

hands down

Lenny white... :D

#40035 by hazes39
Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 am
i have to agree vinnie paul.

#40814 by Aytom
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:19 pm
Hmm, this is a tough one for me, but I think I'm gonna go with Hellhammer of MayheM. That guy's an absolute machine.

#47090 by Trayaer
Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:06 am
Uh... hard to choose between The Rev (A7X) or Jordan Mancino (As I Lay Dying)...

#50359 by NoBloodNoAlibi
Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:02 pm
Well to be fully honest, I think that it would have to go to either Jimmy "The Rev" or Shannon Larkin from Godsmack. I say Shannon because for the most part he's a beat-keeper and I think that's all that being a drummer is, but he can easily make a cool sounding fill that stays in time with the song. Don't spaz at me if you disagree, plz.

#50380 by Joeshmo140
Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:39 am
Either Joey Jordison or the guy from Opeth, what's his name?...The Ex Amon-Amarth drummer?

#50399 by Andragon
Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:36 pm
Park Boycott wrote:...Shannon Larkin from Godsmack.

Most definitely. I wasn't into Godsmack's stuff too much, but he's got a nice style and he's a very solid drummer.

#51801 by NoBloodNoAlibi
Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:41 pm
I almost forgot to mention Chris Adler (Lamb of God). Holy crap, can he keep a really kickass beat. I mean what he does is basically he takes your average metal/hardcore beat and converts into a way that sounds totally kickass. Beside the point, he's a vegitarian. How many kickass drummers do any of you know that are vegitarians, honestly? We all can learn a lot from the good half of the Adler brothers!

#51840 by Cerise5
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm
I'm a great admirer of Adrian Erlandsson (formerly of At The Gates and Cradle of Filth amongst others, now with Nemhain).

Not only is he fast, but he has a great deal of style in what he plays. It's not an out and out thrash all the time. His use of dynamics, variety and a surprising amount of triplets for a metal drummer is very 'ear-catching'. He definitely plays for the song, not just to show how good he is.
That said, the last album he did before he left Cradle of Filth (Thornography) does appear to be a very loud statement of 'follow that, if you can'.

#51891 by racefanrob
Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:35 am
. . . Ginger Baker !

that was tooo easy ?