This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#9552 by johnnya
Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:28 pm
i was browsing thru some of the forums in the uk and recently i have had friends who have a band go thru a bad spill and trying to get it together by replacing and as always looking, been some times that i said forget this and im never playing again, boy was i wrong. I believe once you step into the world of music, there is no turning back.ja 8)

#9920 by robertillesh
Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:18 pm
You're not wrong mate!

#10149 by johnnya
Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:23 am
hey robert, your playing is fantastic, i like that song mood, very cool, i like classical , if come to texas, give us a hollar, like to see your show, thanks 8)

#11721 by Andytill
Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:29 pm
Yeah you will never stop playing music! ever!! Been in situations where music always wins out!

Andy
#14929 by AJ6stringsting
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:15 am
I quit playing guitar for 3 and a half years.....I thought to myself , " I'm just another idiot with a guitar.....3 years later I realized ...." I'm just another fool with out a guitar" :shock: .......I guess once music is in your blood there is no turning back !!!! :twisted: 8)

#14940 by Irminsul
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:43 am
It's like syphlis - try as you might, you won't shake it off.

#14956 by RhythmMan
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:16 pm
I quit for 10 years; I got sick of the same ol - same old . . ..
When I picked it up again, I didn't know it, but I had 10 years of song ideas backed up in my subconsciousness . . . and now I can't keep up with all the new stuff that's flowing out . . .
I looooove music . . . .
And now I regret that 10 years absence; I could have been 10 years more experienced . . . .

#15057 by Stevie_Strikes
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:42 pm
I did my last gig New years Eve 1998/1999 and decided to take a year off (the only bit I still enjoyed was being on stage - which as you know is only 5% of the job when your trying to make a living at it)

That year off turned into 9 years - I found to my surprise I didn't miss it at all - and I've probably played less than 9 hours in all that time.

Last week I unpacked the gear again (I'm starting a new life in all sorts of ways) day one: rusty as f@ck, days two to four: blistered up but perservering, days five to seven: hey, I can still play! - it's all still there!. Doing a couple of hours a day now and loving it.

Do I regret the time off? No - I wouldn't have managed to concentrate on setting up a businees, clearing the debts and getting comfortable enough to play without wondering whether playing could pay the bills.

This is a great site BTW. Nice to read about what you're all doing.

#15073 by johnnya
Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 am
till the day we die, we enjoy life, live it to its fullest, cause you never know, we are MUSICIANS! simplest word

#15317 by AJ6stringsting
Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:41 pm
Irminsul wrote:It's like syphlis - try as you might, you won't shake it off.

Man,dude that metaphore is scare :shock: :? :lol:

#15327 by Irminsul
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:54 pm
AJ6stringsting wrote:
Irminsul wrote:It's like syphlis - try as you might, you won't shake it off.

Man,dude that metaphore is scare :shock: :? :lol:

Yeah I caught that right after I saw the post log. Sorta gives the wrong insinuation doesn't it.

*OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER*

Irminsul has never had any sexually transmitted disease, of any kind. No sireee Bob, nuh uh, not even the crabs.

#15333 by Starfish Scott
Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 pm
I just want to say thanks to Trojan and their newest release "the body condom".lol

#37058 by JohnH
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 pm
father forgive me for I have sinned

it's been 18 years since I last played a gig. and now I'm getting the itch again. should I say "hail mary" or should I worship the devil & get back to the beat?

#37092 by gbheil
Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 am
I play my rock to the glory of God. You can do as you please. Just do it man. You know you want it.

#37422 by johnnya
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 am
to sell your soul for rock n roll would be in how you present yourself to your fans, after the show and to your closests friends and family, if you actually sold your soul to the devil, wouldnt really be happy or in a good mood after a while,knowing that there is really a hell if you confronted such a entity and its for real and all for fame and glory, no thanks.